A's Trade Rumors

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 30, 2002
Anyone have any info on this trade?

Supposedly the A's are after Dunn and and looking to deal 3 pitchers and a catcher (not kendall)... it was on espn (tv) but i can't find anything on it...

Apr 25, 2002
They're talkin:

Jairo Garcia - Right-handed relief pitcher, throws gas but has no control. Came up last year and got lit up. Was pitching very good for the AAA Rivercats but then started falling off. Very inconsistent.

Kurt Suzuki - Very good young catcher, good showing in Spring Training this year, would be the everyday catcher after Kendall leaves. Playing in AA right now I think. Will be a good, everyday MLB player in a year or two.

Juan Cruz - Struggled in the bullpen, had an 8+ ERA, got sent down to be streched out as a starter and is dominating in AAA right now... Don't know if that will translate when he comes up as a starter or not. Came over in the Tim Hudson deal.

For Adam Dunn.

Dunn strikes out a LOT but is the power hitter they need. I don't know if I'd want to give up Suzuki or not though.

Apr 25, 2002
Also I think Dallas Braden might be part of the deal, he has done very well in the minors and has exceeded everyone's expectations, but he's a screwball pitcher.

Mar 6, 2005
If im the A's I would do this trade. A minor league reliver and a minor league catcher for a 40 HR hitter Adam Dunn, Thats a good deal for the A's. Plus doesnt the A's have Daric Barton as their top cather anywayz ? So loosing suzuki is nothing.

Apr 25, 2002
UPSTATE NICCA said:
If im the A's I would do this trade. A minor league reliver and a minor league catcher for a 40 HR hitter Adam Dunn, Thats a good deal for the A's. Plus doesnt the A's have Daric Barton as their top cather anywayz ? So loosing suzuki is nothing.
Daric Barton has been converted to a 1B and could possibly be converted to OF, they don't want him catching.

I would make this move if I'm the A's, these guys are expendable. You never know with Gammons though, I think he said Tim Hudson to the Dodgers was a done deal before the season started.