Arjay?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
where can I here some of his music on the net? That hook he sung on nothing in life sounded good.

Also Bosko needs to get his site up, wtf.

Yo Cool nutz you still owe me a song, i paid you for it, someday I may want to still to do one with ya. I may be crazy but your nuts.

Apr 25, 2002
JusFamilyRecords.com
BLAZE said:
where can I here some of his music on the net? That hook he sung on nothing in life sounded good.

Also Bosko needs to get his site up, wtf.

Yo Cool nutz you still owe me a song, i paid you for it, someday I may want to still to do one with ya. I may be crazy but your nuts.
You'll have to get me another $3700.00 to finish that song. I just did my deal with Em & Dre, and I gotta get my chippers for any new verses that I do. Hollar at me when you get your cheddar ready.

May 9, 2002
LoL, well since I gave you $6000.00 allready I guess that much more wont hurt. But promise me we will use a tupac beat and loop it like the your new measure 11 song.

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Cool Nutz said:
You'll have to get me another $3700.00 to finish that song. I just did my deal with Em & Dre, and I gotta get my chippers for any new verses that I do. Hollar at me when you get your cheddar ready.
Your joking right?

Anyone who pays for a verse, is a fucking idiot.

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
There's not that much to speak on but I'll state the obvious, you pay for a verse from some artist you may or may not even know, to feature him/her on your album that he/she most likely doesn't give a fuck about in the first place.

Right there is mistake number one: A good solo album shouldn't have many features if any at all. So that just shows the artist has little to zero faith in himself or herself and has to resort to paid features of bigger artists in hopes of increasing sales or hype.

Sure it's not a bad idea in the commercial industry and it's extremely common. If your paying someone who sells millions and millions of records, it's clear. But in the "Independent" game, it's a fucking joke. On the flip side your paying someone else to put THEM which also promotes THEM, when in reality your trying to market yourself and make yourself look bigger, it's probably the most fake fraudulent thing a bammer ass artist can do. How can you market yourself when you have that? You can't, your name gets brushed off. It taints your album and reputation as a solo artist.

Mistake number two would be performing shows. Your not completely affiliated with that artist, so you can't just bring them out to a show like it's family and rock a show, you'd have to pay them for that as well. So, those 8's and 16's you desperately paid for will most likely never be performed.

But I respect the hustle side, the business side of it, the person getting that money, because if an artist can pull that off and bubble there reputation as "YOU NEED ME ON YOUR ALBUM TO SELL UNITS" and get some "lower calibre" artists to pay up for verses or choruses then good, do that. I'd do it if I had a name big enough for myself, but I would laugh at the artist paying me.

Sep 4, 2002
Mr. Samos said:
There's not that much to speak on but I'll state the obvious, you pay for a verse from some artist you may or may not even know, to feature him/her on your album that he/she most likely doesn't give a fuck about in the first place.

Right there is mistake number one: A good solo album shouldn't have many features if any at all. So that just shows the artist has little to zero faith in himself or herself and has to resort to paid features of bigger artists in hopes of increasing sales or hype.

Sure it's not a bad idea in the commercial industry and it's extremely common. If your paying someone who sells millions and millions of records, it's clear. But in the "Independent" game, it's a fucking joke. On the flip side your paying someone else to put THEM which also promotes THEM, when in reality your trying to market yourself and make yourself look bigger, it's probably the most fake fraudulent thing a bammer ass artist can do. How can you market yourself when you have that? You can't, your name gets brushed off. It taints your album and reputation as a solo artist.

Mistake number two would be performing shows. Your not completely affiliated with that artist, so you can't just bring them out to a show like it's family and rock a show, you'd have to pay them for that as well. So, those 8's and 16's you desperately paid for will most likely never be performed.

But I respect the hustle side, the business side of it, the person getting that money, because if an artist can pull that off and bubble there reputation as "YOU NEED ME ON YOUR ALBUM TO SELL UNITS" and get some "lower calibre" artists to pay up for verses or choruses then good, do that. I'd do it if I had a name big enough for myself, but I would laugh at the artist paying me.
well you are one of the 12 people that think this

Apr 25, 2002
JusFamilyRecords.com
Mr. Samos said:

I don't know if this outlet is correct. I know for a fact that having guests on your albums contributes to the exposure of the artist, and consumer interest.