ARIZONA LATINO YOUTH DOCUMENTARY

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 21, 2006
I remember the debate that went on here a while back about ethnic studies being outlawed in Arizona. This documentary was made when they were fighting this issue. The film producers and youth in the movie came to San Diego yesterday and showed the film to students at one of our high schools. Its playing at the Latino Film Festival in San Diego this weekend.

Apr 25, 2002
fuck that shit, Arizonians puttin their tax dollars to fund (some) classes that teach the youth their propaganda. ive been in MEChA. its on some revolutionary shit, its not right to pay for that shit. with that then you have to allow other ethnicities to do the same, as for white people with a subliminal white power message. its crap. we learn american history cus we go to school "free" in america. if you want to learn more then educate your self and dont depend on the school system.

Apr 21, 2006
fuck that shit, Arizonians puttin their tax dollars to fund (some) classes that teach the youth their propaganda. ive been in MEChA. its on some revolutionary shit, its not right to pay for that shit. with that then you have to allow other ethnicities to do the same, as for white people with a subliminal white power message. its crap. we learn american history cus we go to school "free" in america. if you want to learn more then educate your self and dont depend on the school system.
Who funds the school system? OUR MONEY IT IS NOT FREE. So if I as a Black person am paying for my child's education they better damn well teach African and African American history. Just like white kids parents money goes to teach their history. History is not just AMERICAN. Obviously this is not an American History class. Even though you can make the argument that it could be.

Apr 25, 2002
thats why i used free in parenthesis.....and we dont live in africa, so we dont need african history. we don tlive in china. we dont need chinese history. we don tlive in austria. we dont need austria history....you can do the math now.
we live in america. and they are not talkin about mexicans in history. their talkin about ethnic classes at lunch/after schol. and they teach radical shit. like the shit you see them protestin in AZ or LA. teachin the youth the dumb shit thats not gonna help us rise.
they want us to rise revolutionary style. we're pawns.

and do you think all those kids in those classes that tax funds pay for are legal? alot of those parents aint droppin on education. so that argument wont work.

Apr 25, 2002
and their aint no "white" history. theres american history. american history is AMERICAN HISTORY, breh. if the teachers with an agenda want to have an extra class for individual ethnicities to join then why not have the parents of those kids pay?

we dont need to pay for radical agendas. theres already enough of that in the UC system.

emma

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2006
america is a melting pot of cultures; it's not logical to teach history with such a one sided view.

Sep 16, 2008
except generally they only teach american history from the white/european standpoint. so what are you talking about?
since you want to generalize american history as being solely from a white standpoint don't call him out for generalizing that ethnic class as coming from a radical standpoint....

Nov 1, 2005
we live in america. and they are not talkin about mexicans in history. their talkin about ethnic classes at lunch/after schol. and they teach radical shit. like the shit you see them protestin in AZ or LA. teachin the youth the dumb shit thats not gonna help us rise.
thats right,they should teach the youth of america to be complacent.don't try to right any wrongs....fyi,teachers are part of unions and unions protest.

Apr 25, 2002
except generally they only teach american history from the white/european standpoint. so what are you talking about?
were'nt they the ones that had the most influence on early America? by early i mean the east coast.

and we're not talkin about about history class. thats not what this is about, but somehow it got spinned this way......

Apr 25, 2002
When the only person propping your posts is Timmy, you might want to reevaluate your position.
again. i dont think they're talking about ethnic studies as in history per say. i remember when this shit happened and it was about the ethnic classes at lunch or after school that focus on radical seperatist views. im sure at your high school they had the mexican class, and the black class and all that shit. the film maker and anybody fighting against this can eeeeaaaasily bring history into the argument and make it thier weapon, when it is not even the fuckin case. American history is lacking other cultures in school, thats fine. i agree. but again, this is on some other shit, not "history class".....

i been in MEChA, i know how it is. i used to look at my dads MEChA shit form when he was in high school and college. i know what its about. and when you get old enough to realize you dont have to be a sheep and follow what the rest of your race says you should follow, then you'll start seeing shit for what it is......just like white people seperatist and radical organizations. they're all the same.......

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
I've taken a couple Ethnic Studies classes in college, one being Mexican-American culture. While the subject matter was interesting, each teacher I had did try to teach their own agenda. NOW, this goes for teachers of American history, as well.

I had ONE good History teacher who taught the good, the bad, and the ugly....and I thanked him for that.

Fact of the matter is, we don't need a bunch of classes like that being taught by folks with their own agendas. I've always said, "If you want to learn about some shit, do your research...'cause a teacher will teach you what they want you to know".

I don't give a crap either way, but I think these kids should understand knowledge is in their own hands...and they will rarely find a teacher who will teach them what they SHOULD know.

Apr 25, 2002
from the New York Times:

Under the law signed on Tuesday, any school district that offers classes designed primarily for students of particular ethnic groups, advocate ethnic solidarity or promote resentment of a race or a class of people would risk losing 10 percent of its state financing.

heres the link for those who would like to actually educate them selves......
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/14/education/14arizona.html