Are We As A Region This Needy For Fame???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 31, 2003
The Bay Area is a place known for it's business savy, indi label hustle, birth place of mouth to mind street game and all around progressive culture...And now we are in the mist of allowing the rest of the country (aswell as people in the Bay) to view as ignorant, pill poppin Shabobalaidiots? I'm all for a Bay Area movement IF it's in the right direction. The Bay is on a crash n burn mission because once the dust settles and all of the hype has blown in the wind our independant, hustle driven, well respected always neglected Bay ID will be replaced with yellow bus, pop pills, we stupid as in no intelligence not as in dance and have a good time. I bet there will be a bunch of "man we back" and "what ever it takes to get on t.v." or the hopeful "man this will open the door for other talent to break through" This would be true if it were a music movement based around skills. It's not. It's based around artist that we as Bay Area fans can hardly understand and are just now excepting as mainstream worthy artist. It doesn't help that the artist themselves are saying they don't even know what the hell their talking about. Don't get me wrong I truly enjoy SOME of the Hyphy music coming out of the Bay, but their needs to be balance in the projection of Bay Area culture. Right now we are exporting ignorance and not in a BAD being GOOD kind of way, but in a uneducated, never finished 7th grade kinda way.

Mar 1, 2006
its more about just showing the rest of the united states our bay area culture, when ppl think of california they think of LA area southern cali plam trees, but in fact northern california is were its really poppin in terms of music and our culture here. We have more to offer then just hyphy music, way more but we gotta get our foot in the door 1st, it's just the start the bay area is on the rise, I just don't see why people trip, this is the bay yadda go dumb usa, im not saying its coo to do all that but that shit is in our blood, we just act a fool, our music represents us that high tempo, beats, that slap high energy type of music, but at the same time, the bay area has that mobb shit as well.

Apr 23, 2006
lol you are a square ass mother fucker
its slang people get used to it just because i go dumb doesnt mean my IQ is low and if you can't grasp that concept now then you never will and you should just stick to that old school shit you know you love
but please dopnt come on here down talkin the bay because right now more than ever we need unity and support for our artists

Oct 31, 2003
@ Mon510...Off top you sound foolish. You are defending a part of my point. Unity means the inclusion of more than just one part of the WHOLE Bay Area culture. I said I want the bay to have a movement. You talkin about support the local artist...your right ALL of the TALENTED local artist deserve shine--Not just one type. You's the []...I'm just speakin my any many others opinion.

Apr 23, 2006
i wasnt sayin that i only want hyphy to shine im just sayin that we need to support it while it is shinin because whether you like hyphy or not if the bay misses its chance now then there is no telling how long we mihgt have to wait for another one and hopefully once people recognize the talent we have here then more people will be exposed to its diversity but right now the mainstream is only talkin about this hyphy shit so im sayin support that and eventually everyone can shine ... hopefully

Apr 5, 2005
PEOPLE JUST LIKE TO GO DUMB MAN. JUST THINK ABOUT. IF THE BAY AREA ENJOYS GOING DUMB AND GETTING STUPID. I AM PRETTY SURE THERE ARE PEOPLE IN OTHER REGIONS WHO ARE REALLY INTERESTED IN THIS MOVEMENT. ONCE LISTENERS UNDERSTAND, THEY WILL BE MORE INCLINED TO ACT A FOOL. SHIT IM NOT GOING TO LIE I HATED CRUNK MUSIC BUT THE SHIT GREW ON ME AND IM HELLA FEELIN' IT. THERE'S ALWAYS ROOM FOR A CHANGE OF HEART. IT'S NOT WHAT OUR MUSIC IS ALL ABOUT, BUT THIS HYPHY SHIT GOT THE BALL ROLLING AGAIN. WE NEVER HAD THIS MUCH EXPOSURE SINCE THE MID '90's. ITS NOT THAT ALL ARTISTS' OUT HERE ARE ON THIS HYPHY TIP 100%, BUT I KNOW THEY ARE SUPPORTING THIS MOVEMENT. AND IT TAKES FAME TO SELL MORE RECORDS. WHY ON EARTH WOULD A TALENTED RAPPER WANT TO JUST SELL 5-10K RECORDS- WHEN HE CAN ACTUALLY SELL MORE IF HE WAS KNOWN NATIONWIDE. MONEY TALKS AND CATS ARE RUNNING WITH THE MOVEMENT. WHY SIT AND WATCH?

Oct 28, 2003
It has its pros and cons...The bay does need the exposure and Hyphy music is getting it out there. I guess since we are here we know that if the Bay gets the chance artist like Quinn, The Frontline, Bailey, Ya Boy, Balance, The Team, E-A-Ski, Messy Marv, Jacka and plenty more will get to show how diverse the bay's rap scence is. BUT it doesn't always happen that way. Labels come lookin for the next thing in line that sounds like the 1st thing that had some success. If it goes 40, Keak, Federation and Fab that makes our music scence look kinda gemmick driven. If you mix in some other groups or artist then the Bay has a greater chance to appeal to the rest of the country.

Jan 17, 2006
i dont got a problem wit da hyphy movement....most bay people go dumb with or without the music to do so...it dont matter if its mainstream or not...and as for the bay ONLY bein recognized for hyphy, i doubt that will be true for long...the south aint JUST known for chopped n screwed or crunk shit...so i dont see y the bay wont get more den one of our music types out there

Oct 28, 2003
All 4 the Bay said:
RECORD SALES HURT RAPPERS OUT HERE.

WE HAVE THE HIGHEST RATE OF PIRACY. THAT'S A FACT

Yes, that's a big fuckin problem in the Bay people sayin "lets support the local artist" and then buyin they cd's 5 for 20 bucks at the local flea market.

stuck

Sicc OG
Jan 26, 2006
Like most have said, the hyphy movement is just opening the door for the Bay. Right now we looked at as fuckin idiots by the rest of the country. Sorry, it is the truth. BUt if major labels come hawkin for Hyphy acts and every Bay rapper has at least one on they albums, it may open the door for a Quinn (Kick yo Ass was hyphy) or Bailly (U C It) or the Team (Hyphy Juice). Then maybe some Bay cats get respect accross the Nation the same way a T.I. did when everybody just thought the south was crunk.

Premo

Face Scrunched Lookn Rude
Aug 1, 2004
NASWIPP. A subdivision of IKSRTFO
stuck said:
Like most have said, the hyphy movement is just opening the door for the Bay. Right now we looked at as fuckin idiots by the rest of the country. Sorry, it is the truth. BUt if major labels come hawkin for Hyphy acts and every Bay rapper has at least one on they albums, it may open the door for a Quinn (Kick yo Ass was hyphy) or Bailly (U C It) or the Team (Hyphy Juice). Then maybe some Bay cats get respect accross the Nation the same way a T.I. did when everybody just thought the south was crunk.
kick yo ass was more crunk to me than hyphy

but yea point taken