Applying Online?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 29, 2006
any of y'all ever applied online and actually got the job? i applied for about 8 jobs online 3 weeks ago, none of em called .. do they really hire people? Or is it faster with the ole walk in and apply shit.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
I've never applied in person except for one job while in highschool and landed every job. Besides a lot of times if you go into a spot they will make you submit an online application or resume via email.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
any of y'all ever applied online and actually got the job? i applied for about 8 jobs online 3 weeks ago, none of em called .. do they really hire people? Or is it faster with the ole walk in and apply shit.
MOST JOBS NOW A DAYS DO ONLINE APPLICATIONS. CALL THEM UP AND TELL THEM YOU APPLIED AND WONDERING IF THEY WERE STILL HIRING

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
i've been doing the same thing..well, applying online, and via regular mail. i haven't gotten a call back yet, except from one place...and i didn't end up liking them (they couldn't even send me a confirmation email with MY name in it, I got someone else's)...

call them and ask...unless on the page you applied at it says, "do not call." and even then, you could always call if you wanted to anyway. i've been thinking about calling some of the places that i've applied to that say don't call....fuck that, call me back then!

Dec 29, 2006
Yea they be hoes and shit asking you 500 questions about personal shit like "Do you get shy in a crowd" "You have never been late in school all your life" "Does your dick get hard when a beautiful customer walks by" they be repetitive too. spend like 2 hours answering those and not even a phone call at the end of the week.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
Some companies will ONLY take applications online....I know at&t (formerly Cingular) is that way.

People used to come into the store with a resume and they would just be told to go online and submit it. From there they call you for an interview

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i woiuldnt do one of those personality tests online before going to the place in person. I never got a job where i had to take one of those bullshit tests

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
those tests are so easy tho....all they are doing is just making sure you are consistent with your answers and stick to your convictions. and especially the "strongly agree, strongly disagree, slightly agree, slightly disagree, moderately agree, moderately disagree" questions are just trying to see if you're hella wishy washy or if you know what you want. you're supposed to answer all questions as strongly dis/agree, none of the slightly or moderately shit. all the other questions are usually shit like "if you saw someone stealing would you report them?" unless you're too hood to even say you'll snitch in a interview questionaire :rolleyes:

Dec 29, 2006
I'm talking about Retail jobs, like bestbuy target etc. I applied for mervyns before ONLINE but that was when i walked in.. i got an interview.. but other than all the stores i applied for online i NEVER got a call

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
^if you walk into circuit city they turn you away or will give you one of their computers to do the application. when I applied to circuit city I got a call back within a couple days. I was late to the interview so I decided not to even show up. they called me back a couple days later and scheduled me for another interview, they were so disorganized there it was ridiculous......but highly profitable for me :classic:

Apr 18, 2005
I've applied online HELLA times... while some of 'em was a waste of fuckin' time, there's some that actually do hit you back. As a matter of fact, I applied online for Macy's & they hit me back that same day for a interview.