AP.9 to debate TJ Sotomayor live about black on black violence

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2006
It's got to be tough for ap9 to have a discussion like this so close to his friends death.i think he deserves some slack.on a different note I saw someone mention putting on a new siccness bbq.i think this would be cool as shit.maybe once people talk in person some of the negativity could go away and instead promote some positive shit.if we all helped each other promote our shit instead of hate we can all come up.if not that it would be cool to see who is who.it ain't hard to help each other and the karma will come back.shit if any of y'all ever interested in personal training for a job hit me up and I can help you out or if you ever wanted get info about competing world strongest man competitions hit me up.im always in the streets trying to teach people how to make money in this business.i know this seem off subject but I'm trying to say lets get paid and stop hating.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
It's got to be tough for ap9 to have a discussion like this so close to his friends death.i think he deserves some slack.on a different note I saw someone mention putting on a new siccness bbq.i think this would be cool as shit.maybe once people talk in person some of the negativity could go away and instead promote some positive shit.if we all helped each other promote our shit instead of hate we can all come up.if not that it would be cool to see who is who.it ain't hard to help each other and the karma will come back.shit if any of y'all ever interested in personal training for a job hit me up and I can help you out or if you ever wanted get info about competing world strongest man competitions hit me up.im always in the streets trying to teach people how to make money in this business.i know this seem off subject but I'm trying to say lets get paid and stop hating.
Funnny how an "enemy" of jack finds time to hit the studio and make a genuinely touching song, and AP only finds time to take selfies at 94th and mac.

Feb 4, 2005
Funnny how an "enemy" of jack finds time to hit the studio and make a genuinely touching song, and AP only finds time to take selfies at 94th and mac.
I don't want to get involved in the bickering in this thread but i just want to answer this. The figz (including Roblo) are like brothers, as such each day since Jacka's death they have been at the memorial or the wake with his other family. Same thing happened when Freako & Cash died. Jacka only died a couple weeks ago, that shit is fresh to the people who loved him and he has not even been buried yet.

This is rap to some of you but this is real life to them, the first instinct when your brother violently dies is not to hit the lab and do a song, its to be with his family and also handle their own grief so it doesn't become self destructive. They will do rip tracks, verses and dedications when they are ready.

Anyway I always liked this track RIP track for Cash the best out of all the others that were made earlier. I really wanted Jacka to be on it though since he put on Cash and the Hoodfellas way back when.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYCeFohIjdQ - A song for CASH - Khali Hustle, Peanut, Young Mezzy, V.I.Pete, Young Los, Kroon, Kayda and Rydah J. Klyde (Money Gang Mobb)

Sorry i couldn't get it to embed.

Last edited:

_A1_

Sicc OG
Aug 26, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYCeFohIjdQ - A song for CASH - Khali Hustle, Peanut, Young Mezzy, V.I.Pete, Young Los, Kroon, Kayda and Rydah J. Klyde (Money Gang Mobb)
I'd have to agree, probably the best RIP Ca$h track. Never heard it before, is it newer? I see the vid was published in 2014 just not sure if that's when the track actually dropped. Good shit on postin that up though, might not have ever heard it otherwise.

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
I tried watching it. Only got 10 minutes thru, all they were doing is yelling at each other. So I changed the channel. Did i miss anything....?

Feb 4, 2005
I'd have to agree, probably the best RIP Ca$h track. Never heard it before, is it newer? I see the vid was published in 2014 just not sure if that's when the track actually dropped. Good shit on postin that up though, might not have ever heard it otherwise.
Not sure, i only stumbled across it last month and i've no idea what cd its from.

May 15, 2006
good to see this thread finally come back on track.

i can only speak on what i saw so whatever happened after about an hr in doesnt technically exist in my opinion.

first off, not to knock either party, but knowing what ive seen from both internet personalities, this phone call was a dead end from jump. not because black men cant get along. not cuz people who live/lived a street life cant communicate with people who havent been there. not because if any of that.

Here's a bit of background on both Tommy and AP9. Both are black men who have been fortunate to live past their adolescence. Both are black men who, thru every choice they've ever made, have managed to attain a decent lifestyle for them and theirs. Both have an influence on a good number of young people who are looking for something to look up to. Both are 100% human and strive to be exactly who they are as people, down to the core. When both men post things for the internet, lots of people take heed for various reasons.

Now let's get back to the topic at hand. Tommy, who knew nothing about the Jacka prior to his death, came across this news and saw it fit to report. Based on what he saw, he saw this as a catalyst of what could still be an intelligent discussion. Are Blacks the biggest threat to black existence? From what I've seen so far, that question hasn't been touched on yet.

Yes Tommy got a few details wrong. Yes Tommy did reach when he put the Jacka's name into the destructive nature of rap culture as a whole. If you know about the Jacka as you should, you knew his overall message. But let's face it. Most people outside the Bay Area and another regions that know us well don't know shit about us and how some of us really move.

From the root of it all, Tommy was looking for Ap9 to school him on what the Jacka really is to his fans and how his closest friends are handling the situation. Not handling as in more violence,but handling as in what they can teach people about the realities of what they overcame and how not to have to live that same life or meet a similar demise. Granted the poor context of it all, AP9 did highlight some of the good that they do for different communities.

As for AP9, we know enough from his presence on different sites how he moves. Honestly, I dont know as much as i should about him but I do always know how he feels with what he says and how he says it. That is a characteristic of a great communicator. For an artist, especially a rapper, knowing how to express your true feelings is essential. Im positive that the more I get into his music, the more i can understand his overall message as well.

This interview could have gone a lot better if it happened later; at least a month from when it did. Everything is still too fresh for this particular event to really be discussed.
From the start, Tommy's energy was too upbeat. If anything, the call should have been started on a somber note, with Tommy paying respect and having AP9 give a formal introduction. AP9 didnt help much neither. From what Ive seen, his main intention was to call in and basically go bad on Tommy for not doing his homework first before saying anything. We can't blame AP9 for that being the reason but it shouldn't have been executed like that.

All we should have seen is AP9 give Tommy the game on who the Jacka really is to his fans, how the situation was unfortunate and how that could have been anyone, and whether Blacks are the biggest threats to their existence. After that, they both could have taken calls and had an honest discussion with the people regarding stuff related to the topic at hand.

But this aint Utpoia, just my 2 cents.