anything else?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 23, 2005
im gonna get a mixer,soundcard,mic,headphones,a 25 key midi-controller,and monitors

is there anything else i need to start recording

all already have the software

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
why do you need him to tell you why you don't need a mixer? Look at your list of equipment and see for yourself. The money you are going to waste on a mixer can be used to get a better soundcard than the one you plan on getting. Get a soundcard that has at least 4 inputs (one or more should also be 48v) and 2-4 outputs (for connecting monitors or tracking to another source.) The only way I could see you getting a mixer is if you need the pre amps, but if you get an interface/sound card that has pre amps your problem is solved, and even if the soundcard doesn't have pre amps you can still take that money and buy an external pre. Right now it appears that you don't have anything capable of sending an audio signal besides the mic, so a mixer is overkill.

Aug 23, 2005
HERESY said:
why do you need him to tell you why you don't need a mixer? Look at your list of equipment and see for yourself. The money you are going to waste on a mixer can be used to get a better soundcard than the one you plan on getting. Get a soundcard that has at least 4 inputs (one or more should also be 48v) and 2-4 outputs (for connecting monitors or tracking to another source.) The only way I could see you getting a mixer is if you need the pre amps, but if you get an interface/sound card that has pre amps your problem is solved, and even if the soundcard doesn't have pre amps you can still take that money and buy an external pre. Right now it appears that you don't have anything capable of sending an audio signal besides the mic, so a mixer is overkill.

thanks for the info

May 1, 2003
Godfather said:
thanks for the info
they are absolutely right! I made the same mistake in the beginning. I had a mixer and a soundcard with 4 inputs. I finally realized...i didn't need the mixer. Not only that but it was generating noticeable static.