Anyone with a modded 360

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 3, 2002
you need a boot disc in order to play it. try this:

Q. When I put the MW 2 disc that I burned into my Xbox 360, it says Play DVD. Why is this?

A. This is because it is a Wave 4 game, and unless you have a Hitachi DVD drive with 1.51, you will need 1.6 firmware and "activate.iso" in order to play a Wave 4 game. Download and burn activate.iso from this direct MegaUpload link - [http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XATGHI3J and then follow these directions:
- Burn using ImgBurn but be sure to go into the Write Settings (tools>settings>write) and change layer break setting to Optimal. (**BE SURE TO CHANGE THIS BACK WHEN FINISHED**)
- Burn at 2.4x since it is such a small file and you don't want to skip any data.
- ImgBurn will say that it is small enough to fit on a regular DVD. Ignore this and continue using a DL DVD by clicking YES.
- ImgBurn will now ask you if you want to put this on one layer since it is small enough. Click YES.
- When finished, insert the activate.iso disc into your Xbox 360.
- Wait for it to say "Play DVD" on the screen.
- When it does, remove the disc and put in your MW 2 disc. It will now say Play Modern Warfare 2.

but a lotta people did get their consoles banned from tryin to play the MW2. You would prob be better off just buying it.

May 21, 2002
hogglife916.com
you need a boot disc in order to play it. try this:

Q. When I put the MW 2 disc that I burned into my Xbox 360, it says Play DVD. Why is this?

A. This is because it is a Wave 4 game, and unless you have a Hitachi DVD drive with 1.51, you will need 1.6 firmware and "activate.iso" in order to play a Wave 4 game. Download and burn activate.iso from this direct MegaUpload link - [http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XATGHI3J and then follow these directions:
- Burn using ImgBurn but be sure to go into the Write Settings (tools>settings>write) and change layer break setting to Optimal. (**BE SURE TO CHANGE THIS BACK WHEN FINISHED**)
- Burn at 2.4x since it is such a small file and you don't want to skip any data.
- ImgBurn will say that it is small enough to fit on a regular DVD. Ignore this and continue using a DL DVD by clicking YES.
- ImgBurn will now ask you if you want to put this on one layer since it is small enough. Click YES.
- When finished, insert the activate.iso disc into your Xbox 360.
- Wait for it to say "Play DVD" on the screen.
- When it does, remove the disc and put in your MW 2 disc. It will now say Play Modern Warfare 2.

but a lotta people did get their consoles banned from tryin to play the MW2. You would prob be better off just buying it.
you heard anything about the new mod? or firmware update to get back online

May 13, 2002
what drive u got and what fw is on that drive ?

need alot more info boss.

i got a benq drive, i flashed it with non stealth fw an it plays every damn game.

the new Lt fw is coming sooner or later, which will be close to the older non stealth fw's since ms detected an banned a bunch of fools with 1.5/1.6ix.

May 13, 2002
^probably, but fuck if you don't know bout any of this.

maybe you should have ur homie do it ? or get some info from em about ur drive and what firmware is flashed on it.

i mean the shit is easy, but if you have no clue it's not really worth messin with.

Jun 12, 2003
i didnt flash it at all...my boy did it.

Do i need to flash it to the newest version or what?

im new at this
you will get banned asap if u dont burn ur games right...watch out i got banned 2x lol in span of 4years tho..so now i mess wit a ps3 online and play burned ones on xbox...yea you need a boot disc for call of duty 2 work.

Jan 5, 2006
get yourself a boot disc, it should read it.. say that it cant read the disc, you then open the drive, put in the game and start it up.. what it does is removes a certain layer i believe, so you can play wave 4. I've been here and done that when the game first came out.

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
the boot disc is the activate.iso right?

maybe i burned it wrong....

Heres how it goes...

I put in the Activate.iso disc.

it says

I eject and then put in MW2....then it just shows a xbox 360 logo.

Ill have to reburn everything i guess.

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
Image burn, burnt it on 1 layer like it said and followed the directionsand yeah i used abgx

i think i might have just downloaded a version of it too early...im gonna redownload the game and see whats up...

thanks for your help bro