Anyone listen to Reggae?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 11, 2002
Just did a search like Shea suggested. It seems like I am more in to the Hawaii reggae. I downloaded some 3 plus, okalu and other groups. Anyone have some recommendations for this type?

Jul 10, 2002
3 compilations /anthology collections for your stater set (these are multi disc sets that will act as a great intro and must have's even for seasoned reggea lovers)

Peter Tosh-Honorary Citizen
Bob Marley-Songs of Freedom
Lee Perry-Arkology

The liner notes are dope as hell as well...

A must see if you can find it is 'Red X'-documentary of Peter Tosh- greatest reggae artist of all time.

You need some King Tubby for sure
Also check out Lee 'Scratch' Perry. With out King Tubby or Lee Perry West Coast hip-hop wouldn't be what it is today. Their catalog is so deep though, I advise opening a Pandora account and make a few stations of theirs. Dub reggea from the late 60's/70's is the shit though, bout laid back and dope as it gets.

Can't forget Max Romeo

Jimmy Cliff's the harder they come is a classic

Toots and the Maytals is nice, but they're not Rasta's but still they get down.

For contemporary, Jr. Gong (aka Damian Marley) as some select choice cuts

May 25, 2009
my favorite artist is collie buddz this dude is just sick get his album its classic...

love this song from i-wayne

and as far as reggae bands hands down tribal seeds, iration and rebeltuion are the best out there...