Anyone Knowing When The New Pro-Tools Dropping?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
yeah i got the Digi 002...and it's FIIIIYAHHHH
i posted up a song that we recorded and put 5 minutes of mixxing into it...and cats were commenting on how clean it was asking to buy studio time...

IT'S LIKE THAT

6.0 is out for Mac OSX right now...it's gonna drop for PC who knows when, but the pc version will be 6.1...i'm not even sure it's a good idea to update if you're on LE especially if you don't get the free update like anyone who's bought a LE system since October...but check it out...for Mac it's definately worth the dough TDM and LE

for PC? TDM Yes, LE? prolly

Apr 25, 2002
www.giproductz.com
YOUNGMOE said:
i'm in vegas now
702-450-6101

www.zebox.com/youngmoe
song is called Echoes...(the bass in this mix distorts it, but if you turn down the bass, you can hear how good the quality is
Ill have to visit you next time im up there...

That explains you and GateWon hookin up...He's a cool cat too, he be up in the lavy studios..

Good lookin out on the link. I got you locked on my cell..Ill hit you.

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
Pro Tools 6.0 Upgrades available mid February —
Preorder now through your local Digidesign dealer!

Digidesign makes it easy for Mac-based Pro Tools TDM* or LE** owners to take advantage of our new Pro Tools 6.0 software by offering two methods of acquiring our latest and greatest upgrade.

You can purchase Pro Tools 6.0 software upgrades now through your local authorized Digidesign dealer, or via the Digidesign web store in mid February. List price for the Pro Tools 6.0 software upgrade is $195 (USD) from any previous TDM version and $75 (USD) from any previous LE version. In both cases, please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery of your Pro Tools 6.0 software upgrade from the date your order is placed.

If You Purchased Your Pro Tools System on October 1, 2002 or later...
If you purchased a new Pro Tools|HD, Pro Tools Mix, Digi 001, Mbox or refurbished Pro Tools Mix product for your Macintosh Computer on October 1, 2002 or later, and you've registered this product, you qualify for a free upgrade. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.

hope that helps....

Apr 25, 2002
lol Robb...homie...do some research

not only are the Preamps TEN TIMES BETTER...the conversion process isn't even comparable...then considering you have a dope ass outboard mixxer which can be used as a standalone...
you're Preamps are easily worth 300 dollars more, your Converter EASILY worth 400 more, and you're outboard mixxer is easily worth 600-1000 dollars...you also get 2,000 dollars worth of FULL PLUGINS...so that's 1700 worth of better equip(rough estimate) and another 2,000 dollars in plugins

definately worth the extra1,200 dollars

Apr 25, 2002
www.KillaValley.com
yea and the 2 inch g man stan gots in his lab is easyly worth a few G's but in the end does the same shit ass the pette pro tools, and the Board G man stan got is easly worth big G's.........but in the end most of the stuff that gets done there.....can do just as good else where with a cheappy digi 001 as u make it sound.....but no disrepect to g man or u, but research eh?.......ok Dr Moe

Apr 25, 2002
www.giproductz.com
YOUNGMOE said:
lol Robb...homie...do some research

not only are the Preamps TEN TIMES BETTER...the conversion process isn't even comparable...then considering you have a dope ass outboard mixxer which can be used as a standalone...
you're Preamps are easily worth 300 dollars more, your Converter EASILY worth 400 more, and you're outboard mixxer is easily worth 600-1000 dollars...you also get 2,000 dollars worth of FULL PLUGINS...so that's 1700 worth of better equip(rough estimate) and another 2,000 dollars in plugins

definately worth the extra1,200 dollars
Moe, I just made my mind up, Digi 002..I hear you on all that you speakin on..I been lookin for a good comparison, and just found..

Good lookin out folx...Ill be hittin you up when it touches down..

Apr 25, 2002
well the pre-amps and conversion is nothing you can obtain with "skill"...only money and better equipment will get you that...in the long run, IT'S A HUGE DEAL!!! ask any studio engineer, mic-pre's and a/d converters are a huge huge huge part of the process in getting a clean sound, there's nothing you can do with "skill" to make up for poor preamps and conversion(which is the 001) G-Man's 2 Inch is also gonna have a warmth you won't be able to obtain with digital...

and whats so cool about the 002 board is that IT"S PORTABLE...I WILL WITHOUT A DOUBT be using it at shows in the future, bringing it to other peoples studios(It's on firewire, i can bring my PRO TOOLS STUDIO TO YOUR HOUSE EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE PROTOOLS, all you would need is a firewire drive in your comp...you have a completely portable Pro Tools system(no stupid PCI) and a portable mixxer...
everything i say here is the truth

so yeah i done my research big time

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
All this chit chat doesn't matter as long as you can provide top quality shit with what you're workin with...

We're doin just fine with our digi 001 and don't feel the need to upgrade it .. the average joe isn't gonna bang the cd and say , "hey james... can ya hear the quality of the converters & the outboard mixer in the vocals of that song?... wow these guys have outdone themselves"

I say it matters who's doin what and how good they are at doin it...

jus my 2 cents

Apr 25, 2002
whatever, nothing can make up for bad preamps and converters...point blank

so james might not know what's makin it sound better, but he's gonna realize a difference

but i agree, a good engineer will grab an 8 track and shit on a newbie with his Pro Tools...(well maybe lol)

but when you get to cats who are in the good range of mixxers, the gear makes all the difference

to put it in perspective...using a Radio Shack mic, i'm not gonna sound as good as the cat usin a Nuemann

Apr 25, 2002
www.KillaValley.com
lol....dr moe.........the equip does matter, butthen again if u selling 200 a project i guess it really does make a diffrence....lol....its all good homie, i dont pretend to be mr research or mr big time....just plain ol me......old school "if it aint broke , wut u trying ta fix"........so basically all the old pro tools stuff that was ever released is all sum low budget shit...aint worth a shit.........umm ok....research is sumin these dayz