Anyone into Reggae?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 22, 2005
anybody heard of TOK? I been seein their video for "footprints" on BET lately and its kinda grown on me.. got like a r&b feel to it that I havent really heard in the past.. an just like everyone else they got a myspace site now lol :p www.myspace.com/tokworld .. Im really feelin some of their other tracks on the site too though.. they got a few club jams fosho! anyone else feelin them?

May 14, 2002
TOK is not reggea. I listen a lot of reggea but I don't like TOK so much. You can call them more a regga/dancehall mix.

If you want to listen some good reggea listen to U-Roy or Israel Vibration

Jan 30, 2004
you make it seem like damian marley has been around for a long time. i can't get into the newer stuff, mainly roots reggae if i listen, dancehall is good for a track or two but not a whole album.

May 14, 2002
First listen to the 'Halfway tree' album before you speak on Damian. Especially the track 'It was written' ft Capleton Damian is reall good but I prefer roots, reggae

And if you want some consious lyrics listen to Macka B

Buju is also good.. especially live.. dude can't stop screaming and jumping real powerfull also like Capleton.

Oct 10, 2005
mR.SiPpYGeTiPpY said:
anyone seen the buzz I Wayne been gettin lately? his new album is well worth a listen..
hell yea i wayne album is real nice

imma go buy one when i can and support that dude, fi real

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
it was written is a dope damian song....im trying to get into more reggae, and i can really only stand roots reggae, i love the real melodic steel drum sound. but damian grew on me SOOO MUCH.

"Road to Zion" with nas is dope, "For the Babies" has been my joint for a while, i love hte meaning of that song, and the feel to it..."in 2 deep" is real hot, and there are some other good songs on the new album.

off the junior gong album, check out "more justice".

May 18, 2004
Yea that new Damian Marley album is dope! That video Welcome to Jamrock is knockin too. Never heard the new I-Wayne album yet but my homie got it, so I'll check it out in a bit.

I listen to a lot of Dancehall too but that's a lot different...

Jun 6, 2004
San Diego, CA
www.myspace.com
I can't believe i read this entire thread and not ONE person mentioned Barrington Levy..... after that... Black Uhuru....Steel Pulse.... Eek-A-Mouse....can't forget Greggory Isaacs... of course Bob Marley.... I can't really get into dancehall... that shit is gay.... I love REGGAE...... and you?.... "younalovereggaemusic"....