Anyone Collect Comic Books Here?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 6, 2002
It's Wednesday!!!
For those who don't know or who have been out of it, new comics are released every Wednesday.

Going to pick these up today...
Civil War #1
Justice League of America #2
Secret Wars 2099 #3

Yup, Marvel is redoing Civil War to promote the new Captain America movie.
I have the entire first Civil War (plus Front Line) but the new one has me hyped.

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
From like '89 until 1993 I bought tons of comics and the scumbag who owned the closest shop to me used to trade me new comics for my first editions. I could've bought a nicer first car if I'd sold them for what they were worth.

Still have a bunch of wolverine, xmen, batman and image/dark horse stuff

Mar 3, 2008
Wtf they don't make beckett card or comic guides no more??!!!! I had super card and comic collection but got cracked severely shooting dice and sold entire collection including jordan rookie card which is worth racks now. Things to do is buy entire boxes of basketball football baseball cards don't open for years until u no u have some possible great rookies inside.As for comics gamble buying 1 issues and issues when heros die or very very known villains. Thats game for u nerds

May 6, 2002
I don't buy comics solely from an investment stand point.
There are other avenues to place my money for a return. I mostly buy comics because I enjoy reading them.

So to run out and buy #1's or what you believe will eventually be key issues is a little pointless. Generally #1's have very high print runs. So do death issues. Special covers. etc. The reason is because people DO go out and buy them for that reason. It's the low print issues that end up being worth money.

I buy to read anyways. Good comics will go up in value. Not planning to retire by selling my comics books.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I'm into shit like 100 Bullets, Scalped, Southern Bastards, Outcast, HIT, Fade Out, NAIL BITER and more.

But what I'm really into?

This GOD'S CALAMITY: A HOUSE DIVIDED

The art is done by Cliff's Art/ Rise and Wreck studio and the lettering will be done by Taylor Esposito (already signed the paperwork with him.) This is Cliff's first full length comic and Taylor is a household name, just google him and you'll see he was the head letterer for A LOT of DC and Marvel shit. And me? Lead writer.

Make sure you all hit God's Calamity and peep the music. Straight to the point, the storyline of the album is able to be changed based on what you do with your playlist and the events of the comic take place like a week after those of the album. As you can see, we're pushing the envelope when it comes to art/creativity.

Last edited:
May 6, 2002
Good shit.
Do you have a publisher for this title yet? How do you plan to sell\distribute?

Zenescope came up pretty big lately. I am into Grimm Tales of Terror and I always do their one-shots and mini series. Small company ended up going large.

Good luck with your stuff.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Good shit.
Do you have a publisher for this title yet? How do you plan to sell\distribute?

Zenescope came up pretty big lately. I am into Grimm Tales of Terror and I always do their one-shots and mini series. Small company ended up going large.

Good luck with your stuff.
Thanks, fam.

No publisher but we might send something to Image but that's about it. We'll be selling digital versions via the website and you'll also be able to purchase the physical copy directly through us and comic retailers we built relationships with. We plan 13 issues with the 13th being something really special. I know for a fact it'll be in three stores as the two comic store owners approached us at STOCKTONCON (google it to see how big the event was.) It was crazy because people were leaving our booth and going to other boothes and telling the people there to come check us out. It was a truly humbling experience, to see us debut the album and comic, have hundreds of people sign up for the mailing list and to tell others, right there at the event, to come check out the God's Calamity, booth. We have recieved offers to do podcasts, one volunteer we met at event was diggin it so much he asked if we had an instagram and if not could he run it. We're like yeah go ahead, so we've been in contact with him several times since Sunday and he's getting everything worked out.

Man we're just trying to give people new experiences. It's not like we're doing this shit as a cash grab, we actually own comics (both digital and physical) and my brother actually sold a couple and put the money into this project so this is a natural for us. Music is a natural thing for us, videogames is natural, all of this shit is authentic and real, not doing shit because it's a cash grab or sounds "cool" to do.

And Valiant got a $250 million dollar deal and I have a SHITLOAD of artists who I've met and will absolutely put to work if I even get .005 percent of that. So I'm thinking global and big shit.

And you cats need to hit CoopDVill @CoopDVill and have him interview me as the way we're doing the album is NEW to music. It's already hard to do a concept album but one where the storyline changes depending on some shit you did? UNHEARD OF UNTIL WE DID IT. The shit is so crazy we had to file patent paperwork because we want to control the ability to make an album like this because it's money in transmedia. If west coast artists, especially bay artists, want to start doing shit like I'm doing we can take over the entertainment industry, lock the old guard out, and then spread this shit all over the country and have it global. We've already done the logistic work and have shit all mapped out (full business plan, swot, etc) so all I need for the siccness to do, for you all to do, is to spread the word that this is a new experience. You CAN'T experience this from anyone else. I don't care who it is. Prince, Madonna, Dr.Dre, this rapper, that rapper, this singer, this band, no one is offering an experience like this so all I'm asking is to spread the word. You don't have to buy a damn thing, just spread the fuckin word!

And if you got the hook up breh or know a lot about the business aspect DON'T hesitate to send me a PM. And that extends to all of you. If you want to be a part of this shit and play in this space we're creating hit me up and let's chop it up.

God's Calamity

Last edited:
May 6, 2002
And if you got the hook up breh or know a lot about the business aspect DON'T hesitate to send me a PM. And that extends to all of you. If you want to be a part of this shit and play in this space we're creating hit me up and let's chop it up.

God's Calamity
I don't have any connections in the industry. Just an avid comic reader who has been collecting for about 20 years now. I wouldn't mind buying an issue direct when it drops though. It does have an Image style to it as well. Just keep us posted!