Anybody know/remember a bay artist named J-Dubb?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 15, 2005
Been meaning to ask this question for a while.

My boy had a nice studio in the mid-90's. A house on a hill out here in San Diego, what became the Break Bread Records studio (The Relatives, Lil Nuttz, and others).

Anywho, lots of professional or up and coming cats came through to record music, and one of them was a dude named J-Dubb from the Bay Area. His style was definitely on the mobb shit, and he had this little beatmaker dude that had raw ass beats.

Anybody know who these peoples are?

Jun 15, 2005
Yeah, Spice was up in that studio, too. Just wondering if he actually did anything or not. Sounds like he did a little and then fell off.

Know who that producer mighta been? He had slaps.

Jan 2, 2007
J-Dubb was my nigga...born in Oakland raised in Fresno. Actually that Game Related wasnt his first album (or ep) he recorded under the name Kool Rock Jay in the late 80's and early 90's....he was sign to Jive when the only westcoast rappers they had was too short....even before spice 1.....he locked down right now. He made some of them beats and so did banks....I know alot cos he one of the dudes that showed me how to write and did some music for me. Oh yeah Killa tay will be responding they really fucked with eatchother...I had lost touch wit my nig when he moved to Vegas and I moved to the town. Definitely a pioneer.

Aug 27, 2007
StudSucram said:
J-Dubb was my nigga...born in Oakland raised in Fresno. Actually that Game Related wasnt his first album (or ep) he recorded under the name Kool Rock Jay in the late 80's and early 90's....he was sign to Jive when the only westcoast rappers they had was too short....even before spice 1.....he locked down right now. He made some of them beats and so did banks....I know alot cos he one of the dudes that showed me how to write and did some music for me. Oh yeah Killa tay will be responding they really fucked with eatchother...I had lost touch wit my nig when he moved to Vegas and I moved to the town. Definitely a pioneer.

oh shit!!!!! thats who he was before he changed his name? yea i got his very first album under kool rock jay. didn't know that. but the j-dubb game related was produced by j-dubb troy white and some other producers. just happened to still have the cd. he got this other cd too called money trees and real estate i think but i never heard that one.

Jan 23, 2006
HE IS KILLA TAY'S BROTHER AND HE IS LOCKED DOWN RIGHT NOW. DUDE IS DOPE ON THE MIC. HE'S BEEN ON ALL KINDS OF COMPILATIONS INCLUDING BOTH CELL BLOCK COMPILATIONS.

Aug 9, 2002
enserio said:
Been meaning to ask this question for a while.

My boy had a nice studio in the mid-90's. A house on a hill out here in San Diego, what became the Break Bread Records studio (The Relatives, Lil Nuttz, and others).

Anywho, lots of professional or up and coming cats came through to record music, and one of them was a dude named J-Dubb from the Bay Area. His style was definitely on the mobb shit, and he had this little beatmaker dude that had raw ass beats.

Anybody know who these peoples are?
you talkin bout the house on the hill on 61st?

but yeah I know J-Dubb's pops personally. known his pops and grandparents since i was around 2 or 3.