Anybody here use REASON??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
d sane? you havent played with this yet??

well, my novice opinion might not mean much but i love this program. the only MAJOR con I can see is no audio recording and no midi out. but then again i havent used it to even 20 % of its potential yet. oh yeah, and the sampler has to have .smp files so you have to run your wav and aif samples through the refill packer ( i havent tried it yet but i heard its tricky)

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
if you got recycle you can do some real slick shit, you can map out the whole break across your keyboard, change the pan, level, etc... of each slice of the sample, very nice.

then the nn19 sampler is the one i spoke of requiring the .smp files, but that shits tight too. its definitely worth a peep. if you have irc or some other form of transfer ill send it to ya, its like 580 megs though.

May 6, 2002
Ive hurd some rel nice beats made with reason especially Sindustry Http://www.mp3.com/sindustry she uses reason and her shit is tyght. One thing i cant stand with reason is that it doesnt support .sf2 maybe the next release will. Newyz what kinda hardware/software do u use d-sane and phill?

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
i recently switched to fully computerized set up. right now im pretty much sticking with cubase and reason, while doing editing with cool edit and sound forge.

May 2, 2002
Phil - The sampler can load wavs and aiff files too, you're just clicking on the wrong part to load the sample. Only if you click on the load button on the left will it only load .smp patch files. If you click on the folder above the blue screen on the sampler you can load most all sound files.

DSane - Reason is dope, best part is, it can be rewired into cubase, so even though you can't record audio in reason and have midi outs in reason, you can load it up to be slaved to cubase as a module through rewire, and still use the shit such as reason's drum machine, fx, subtractor module, sampler, etc. The automation in Reason is dope too, ANYTHING can be automated and it's easy to do. I love reason, and I'm waiting for the new version 2.0 with the improved sampler and new modules/fx.
If you'd like, I'll shoot you a copy, hit me up (925)250-0299

Ghost Ryder - The MPC is tight, but I love the control you get with Reason. It'd be coo to hook up the MPC to control Reason via MIDI, but then again, that'd be quite a waste, I think a good combo would be to use the MPC with cubase and reason. I'm using my Kurzweil K2600s with Cubase and Reason.

ill3k - the next release WILL suport sf2 (from what I hear)

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
pimpin ass jr comin thru with the helpful info.

good lookin out. hey jr, i got the beta version of reason 2, the new sampler is a lot deeper and the new synth,.... well ill let you peep it out.

May 2, 2002
Shit yeah, I'll try to get on AIM tonight (I hardly ever get on anymore) and let's trade shit. do you have a fast connect phil? If I load up Reason 2.0 will it fuck up my old version of Reason? JRdaPalePimp on AIM is my name.

WHAT UP HEX!

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
no it wont fuck up your other reason program, im on a cable connection so, im on aim now if you can get on before 10 ill be here. you can actually detach the sequencer window from the rack now! but other than that it looks identical to reason 1.0.1, not 1 cosmetic change. its small too so it shouldnt take long to make the transaction

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
DeviantJR said:
DSane - Reason is dope, best part is, it can be rewired into cubase, so even though you can't record audio in reason and have midi outs in reason, you can load it up to be slaved to cubase as a module through rewire, and still use the shit such as reason's drum machine, fx, subtractor module, sampler, etc. The automation in Reason is dope too, ANYTHING can be automated and it's easy to do. I love reason, and I'm waiting for the new version 2.0 with the improved sampler and new modules/fx.
If you'd like, I'll shoot you a copy, hit me up (925)250-0299
Thanks for the offer pimp.....but I would hate to trouble you. I can grab it from my folks here in town.

So you dig it, huh? What kinda learning curve does it have? Anybody know when 2.0 is droppin'? I know the Beta's are out.....but I haven't seen a release date.

May 2, 2002
DSane - The learning curve isn't too steep, especially if you already have an understanding of how a studio is set up and also how most software sequencers work.

Phil - I heard about the detachable sequencer, that sounds nice, but does it also have the new Maelstrom synthesizer? Also, how's the new sampler (can you reverse in it, instead of having to reverse the sample before loading it). ANy new FX too? I wasn't able to get on last night, wanna try again for tonight? Hit me up if you plan to be on (925)250-0299, I'll try to get on too. THanks

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
yeah that synth is tight, it has some different waveforms to work with along with the originals from subtractor. thanks for the help loading wav samples, i feel like a dipshit.

May 2, 2002
lol man I had the same problem with it when I first got it. They created the sampler without really thinking about how confusing loading a sample into it would be.