Anybody Hear San Quinn is the studio at KMEL this morning?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 20, 2003
he said he's in negotiations for a deal with def jam and a couple other major labels. that's tight. i think he said "I give u my word" is coming out on Jan. 20th. they played pop yo colla and shock the party when i started listening. he was coming with some funnyass slang words too. this is good for the bay though and san quinn. was anyone else listening to kmel this morning??

Jul 21, 2002
dam that is some good shit to hear.thank good he is going major. some one from the bay is finally going to blow up. bash blew up but he aint reppin the bay.

Nov 18, 2003
This shit is major, how big would it be if Quinn blew up like Bash? He's been in this game for a long time now and he's due.. i think more people need to listen to an artist like quinn who can rip up the mic!

Jan 20, 2003
^ how are they shady, any examples?? e-40 is major! baby bash is major, san quinn should and might be next.

signing with a major label like that is a good thing. i'm sure quinn and chuck know what the fuck they're doing especially since it's quinn's second chance on a major label.

Jan 20, 2003
true but this guy has a major hype on the radio in the bay. he gets as much if not more airplay than e-40 now. he's on fire and this is a good chance. so what do u have to add to this convo?

Feb 12, 2003
i like seeing people like beesh blow up im happy for em but i like it when our artists stay independent the music just seems better for some reason but its prolly better for quindo to blow cause then hell be havin skrilla

Nov 23, 2003
Yeah...

TheWholeDamn said:
And Jayo Felony?
And Richie Rich?

There has been something faulty with West coast cats and Def Jam, but if Quinn is part of a new Def Jam West then its all good, big news!
That's the main thing. I mean Richie Rich, WC... That's pure talent right there. How they going to fuck it up? San Quinn no doubt deserves all the attention a major could get him, if they did handled it right, but they don't seem to know how to promote West Coast artists- or they just don't believe in them. Oh yeah, the South Central Cartel was signed to Def Jam too, right?
Besides, Def Jam don't seem to be anything like it once was, for any artist. MC Ren, amongst others, was talking about that in a recent interview (not sure if it was at Tha Formula or dubcnn though).
Now if you look at like E-40, who's pretty major, he's absurdly dope, but he does have a style that can be too different for a lot of the mainstream public. San Quinn's would probably be easier for a lot of people to get into.
Also, it's true that if he has to change his shit and start sounding like whichever clown is popular right now, it won't be good for the fans... Seems like Bay shit's too unique for one lone rapper to blow up. You'd have to get people to understand and get into the sound, blow up the whole bay...
And last but not least... besides 2pac, how many dope rappers you know really got the attention they deserved? I look at all my favorite rappers, and the majority of them are overlooked on a nationwide, better yet, international level.
But whatever man. We can only hope for the best.