Any small business owners or entrepreneurs on the sicc?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
ive always been on the entrepreneurship wave.

im working on alot of things at the moment, but i dont believe in saying 'coming soon' when i speak on it, shit will already be finished and ready to drop and speaking on it, will be advertisment.

some things people would expect from me, others they wouldnt.

ive been teaching myself how to program for the last 7 months. shit isnt easy even with previous programming experience (i think the programming language has changed and since then become a kinda central way of programming in general all around the board, and that way is what i have to catch up on)

when im done with that i think alot of things may move smoother. i could easily jump back in radio and have a nice sized fanbase and sponsors within a few months, but id rather make my own website, control it from the roots, and from there control my entire shit. i mean thats was entrepreneurship is about , running your own shit. and i want to be able to do that with every angle.

since i was a kid i was about making money for myself. when i was in grade school id go to mexico, by the big bags of candy in bulk for cheap, and sell them individually. knowing how to have a huslte by grade school really taught me alot about making money for yourself and business in general. by the time i had done that, the little 'sell boxes of cookies' thing was easy. i was the #1 seller in my school for candy for the two years i did it. then came....other things.
then running my own radio show, writing poetry and selling it authors of books, selling my own art, which i been doing since my late teens. ive had a few things happen that i should have sued people for but my 'street thinking' stopped me from legally persuing it, i was more thinking about just catching them in person and handling it. but now that im older and im under the teaching of my cousin whom works in hollywood for alot of really big spots, hes giving me alot of important game on how to get SERIOUS money (5-6 figure type shit) and make serious moves on my own and im following his lead.

in the next year or 3 ill be alot more self sufficient. ive had jobs all my life, but i always feel more comfortable when im without a job, making money for myself, being my own boss. always made ends meet if not better than making ends meet and its about time for it all to come full circle and me see some serious money.

shout out to anyone who has decided to get it for themselves.

theres thousands of ways to get paid....figure one or a few out and get it

thats my opinion

Last edited:

RAVAGE

-DaBadGuy-
Apr 25, 2002
FUBU Outlet
www.dogpile.com
I'm waiting to see GAS WON on Shark Tank one day! I'm ah 1/8th owner of ROMAN TIRES INC. I just work there, its a family business and my aunts take care of all the office crap so I don't know how that all works. I just tell my workers where to go and wut to do all day long and take care of customers.

Its good to see all my SICC GOONS doing it BIG tho! Congrats all you Business owners!

$ileNt_eNe_ATL

Jefe De Los Pollos
Aug 12, 2005
I used to run a landscape company full time, I scaled back and gave some accounts to my pops and fellow landscapers cause I got a job for the state, still kept my favorite maintenance ones for myself though. Studying horticulture at srjc helped me move up quite a bit, introduces you to people and creates lots of opportunities. The biggest mistake I see smaller landscape companies around here make is expanding too quickly. Don't start hiring people if you haven't already maximized the amount you can make with only yourself. Don't buy mowers or equipment you assume you'll need down the line, wait until there is a clear need to make the investment and go from there. Don't buy walk behind edgers in general, they only really help if you're edging super long straight lawns all day lol. Stick edger or weed whacker should be more than enough. Moving into irrigation repair enabled me to make a lot more money cause I'd send a guy or 2 out on my maintenance accounts while I did all the irrigation shit solo for a much higher rate. People will pay big time when there's a problem lol. There's qwel classes all over California that only take like 3 days then you're a qualified water efficient landscaper, people like to see that kind of stuff
Thats whats up!! I have a commercial landscape background, I started at the bottom as a laborer for brickman and worked my way up the ladder. I was division manager for a few years then quit and worked for one of the biggest companies in atlanta as operations manager until I quit that this summer to pursue self employment. So I'm really familiar with the industry all around sales, operations and technical. Only thing I have doubts about is the whole business aspect of it. Im actually enjoying being back in the field I find mowing hella therapeutic and the money is not bad in the summer. Kinda slow right now though

$ileNt_eNe_ATL

Jefe De Los Pollos
Aug 12, 2005
I started my own trading company back in 2010. We design and export tableware, decoration items, gifts, promotional items, and offer a qc service as well for companies that produce in China! Been in that business for over 15 years now and hate it. We don't invest much into the company anymore, just let is run with the customer base we establish. My wife handles most. We just shut down the Hongkong Offshore Company (no taxes paid since we started), and opened a Chinese Company in the local free trade zone.

Then I have a Bball coaching company. We have more than 100 kids that we teach bball on weekends for good money.

Last but not least, I have a Hotdog & Beer shop. I make my own sausages that go on my hotdogs, and have more than 30 beers from around the world. Also sell my sausages in supermarkets, and produce special sausages for other restaurants.
Thats fucking dope.. I plan on opening up a few other business my self after I get this one off the ground. Im kinda using this one as a foundation but I'm always looking for more streams of income. Im looking to invest my profits into other venues like rentals and eventually just live off the passive income in Costa Rica

$ileNt_eNe_ATL

Jefe De Los Pollos
Aug 12, 2005
I pay myself through my LLC and don't get charged on payroll. Talk to your accountant there is a way to take a "draw" where you don't pay normal payroll taxes.
When you pay your self with "draws" don't they charge the self employment tax quarterly? Im trying to avoid all the confusion. I like the idea of filing as a S Corp then paying my self thru payroll and giving my self a W2 at the end of the year like any other job. The payroll is tax deductible to the business and it would only get taxed on profitable income.

$ileNt_eNe_ATL

Jefe De Los Pollos
Aug 12, 2005
ive always been on the entrepreneurship wave.

im working on alot of things at the moment, but i dont believe in saying 'coming soon' when i speak on it, shit will already be finished and ready to drop and speaking on it, will be advertisment.

some things people would expect from me, others they wouldnt.

ive been teaching myself how to program for the last 7 months. shit isnt easy even with previous programming experience (i think the programming language has changed and since then become a kinda central way of programming in general all around the board, and that way is what i have to catch up on)

when im done with that i think alot of things may move smoother. i could easily jump back in radio and have a nice sized fanbase and sponsors within a few months, but id rather make my own website, control it from the roots, and from there control my entire shit. i mean thats was entrepreneurship is about , running your own shit. and i want to be able to do that with every angle.

since i was a kid i was about making money for myself. when i was in grade school id go to mexico, by the big bags of candy in bulk for cheap, and sell them individually. knowing how to have a huslte by grade school really taught me alot about making money for yourself and business in general. by the time i had done that, the little 'sell boxes of cookies' thing was easy. i was the #1 seller in my school for candy for the two years i did it. then came....other things.
then running my own radio show, writing poetry and selling it authors of books, selling my own art, which i been doing since my late teens. ive had a few things happen that i should have sued people for but my 'street thinking' stopped me from legally persuing it, i was more thinking about just catching them in person and handling it. but now that im older and im under the teaching of my cousin whom works in hollywood for alot of really big spots, hes giving me alot of important game on how to get SERIOUS money (5-6 figure type shit) and make serious moves on my own and im following his lead.

in the next year or 3 ill be alot more self sufficient. ive had jobs all my life, but i always feel more comfortable when im without a job, making money for myself, being my own boss. always made ends meet if not better than making ends meet and its about time for it all to come full circle and me see some serious money.

shout out to anyone who has decided to get it for themselves.

theres thousands of ways to get paid....figure one or a few out and get it

thats my opinion
thats whats its about. Theres a saying that goes "Build your dreams or some one will hire you to build theirs." .. That stuck with me and eventually drove me to take the leap. It doesn't come as natural to me and it was hard decision to make to be honest it takes balls and its not for everyone but I feel if someone has the burning desire and is willing to go the extra mile to keep going when others will quit.. Eventually that person will achieve major success.

troythemac

Deep Slumps
Feb 13, 2013
Thats whats up!! I have a commercial landscape background, I started at the bottom as a laborer for brickman and worked my way up the ladder. I was division manager for a few years then quit and worked for one of the biggest companies in atlanta as operations manager until I quit that this summer to pursue self employment. So I'm really familiar with the industry all around sales, operations and technical. Only thing I have doubts about is the whole business aspect of it. Im actually enjoying being back in the field I find mowing hella therapeutic and the money is not bad in the summer. Kinda slow right now though
I love mowing. One of the cool things about taking a state job is I have 6 different kinds of ride on mowers to use when I have to mow. But yeah I put in my headphones and zone out, just making treads, there's a lot worse things we could be doing. But yeah like I said the main kind of work I do on the side is irrigation, I'm charging 45 an hour to do repairs and optimize irritation systems. I'll also replace valves and change them to rain bird cause it's just a million times better than whatever homeowners one is at Home Depot .

troythemac

Deep Slumps
Feb 13, 2013
Also just do your own billing and use quickbooks for everything if you can, I was able to do almost 40 maintenance accounts in there and it meant 0 stress when tax season was coming up, still had to fork out like 11 gs though