Any One Feeling The "LL Crew"?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
I just want a show of hands that feel these cats from Oakland....They are on a different level then the rest of the other hip hop that Ive heard, even though they are abstract in a way I think they are sick ass fuck

Who else thinks so or different?

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
backpack shit does nothing for me personally...But I give those cats their props cause they hustle their asses off COMPLETELY independantly...Alot of artists could learn a thing or two from em...

Apr 25, 2002
I like a lot of their older shit but haven't been feelin much of their shit since about a year or two ago...

Too bad they all bounced the fuck up out of the Bay and relocated to LA, never to do shows here again...

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
That term isnt used to offend anyone...to me it's like sayin "gangsta rap"

Backpack shit to me is music that primarily targets the skater and college crowd...I mean I like some of it...My boy I.D. is a major cat in the game with that kinda shit an he lets me hear some stuff like The Gingerbread Man that's fuckin hilarious...

But also alot of backpack stuff I've heard is cats just rhymin big words over beats that sound like silverware bein thrown down the stairs...

Once again this is a generalization so please no one get their pussy hurt over this...I hate alot of "gangsta" shit too...If it's dope it's dope...PERIOD

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
MARK!!!

I need a beat CD. Did you get my e-mails? If you got beats or even if you don't got beats for me, let me know the deal.

Gone,
Doxx

Apr 25, 2002
Usually the people who listen to backpacker shit call it "true hip hop" or "real hip hop" and talk shit on every other kind of rap.

I seen E-40 in attendance at a Living Legends show at the Maritime in Frisco a while back...

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
Mark: Got ya. I'll hit you this week. I'm tryin' to bust out two or three songs this month so I wanna see what you got available.

The Nonce, there's a flashback. What happened to them?

Gone,
Doxx