Any of yall bought a car from somone on CL

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2002
Just want to get some info? Seems like hella motha fuckas be asking you to send money cuz they moved overseas and shit, cmon now give people more credit that how dumb you actually think they are...holla.

Nov 16, 2005
my friend has. he bought 3 cars off craigslist within like 2 years!

make sure you meet them in person and set everything straight. and write up a contract just in case anything fucks up and set down the terms.

and make sure the seller is telling you everythiing bout the car and that everything's legit.

and you can always try to bargain, pretend to say something's fucked up even though its not hahah. you could get hella 'steals' off craigslist. hellaa cheap. my friend most recently got an audi 2.8 a4 for 3650 in oakland. only thing bad was that it had a salvage title cause they repaired it. but everything else is perfectlyyy fine. check it out, just meet in person..

Nov 16, 2005
just stating how much the car's worth. how the car's gonna be payed. car info if needed?? address/numbers/DL #s, just whatever you think is necessary. and both you and the seller should sign it too. and re-write a copy for the seller so they have one just in case.

good luck with everything

May 31, 2005
if they ever ask to mail the shit, ESPEICALLY over seas..its a scam, they tried to get me like that a couple times.. dont fall for it...always meet in person

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
I bought my husband 78 Cutlass off Craigs List in November, and haven't has any problems with it, and I bought a 97 Ford Contour (OH BOY!!!) last night for $750 from a guy on Craigs List!

I SWEAR BY CRAIGS LIST!!!

Dec 9, 2005
Yeah, it really depends who you're dealing with...

I only deal w/ locals...and most of the time...the serious people will leave a phone number..

Don't fall for any of those overseas scams...

I actually bought 2 bikes ( motorcycles ) from CL and everything is gravity...

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
My brother bought a 56 chevy truck and they guy was real cool helped us load it onto a trailer and everything even gave him a book about restoring clasic trucks.

Jan 19, 2003
I bought both my cars off Craiglist, and both were good ass deals n i'd do it over again.

now if i'd stop swingin em n crashin em i wudnt have to keep buyin em.

Jan 19, 2003
only thing that got me wonderin, is what's to stop someone from jackin a car with the keys in it (carjackin or however else) and sellin it to u for cash, and then u get fucked when u try n register it?

Jan 19, 2003
^^

well both times i bought a car, they didnt have the title w/ em so i just signed a transfer of liability /paperless title transfer shit n got the title in the mail from the DMV.

wtf kind of faggot calls someone "DUM DUM"?

Jan 11, 2006
Tuaroa said:
Just want to get some info? Seems like hella motha fuckas be asking you to send money cuz they moved overseas and shit, cmon now give people more credit that how dumb you actually think they are...holla.
thas an obvious scam hommie. i was lookin for a car on clist for hella dayz. to me its kinda hard to find a good deal on there unless u get lucky or really lookin, usually tha good deals get swooped on fast. i finally found my car at that long ass street near stanford in palo alto, u shuld peep that if u lookin for a car, hella people just park in a long ass street an leave their for sale info.

Aug 26, 2002
good lookin out yall, yah i figured that peeps who dont leave at least a phone number arent all that serious. i'm just trying to get a bargain for the car that's all. and good looking out on the all the info for a contract draw up. peace.

Sep 23, 2004
Senchent said:
^^wtf kind of faggot calls someone "DUM DUM"?
if you look you can see that i edited my post to keep it mellow to avoid the lil net argument that would be sure to happen but.... i was gonna tell you that only a fucking moron, like yourself, would ever buy a fucking car without a title... how fuckin stupid can you be?? i would love to sell you and your whole family cars, yea meet me at 7-11 and make sure you have cash.... the title will come in the mail...the ignitions busted out???...dont worry i'll pay for it to get fixed next week..
eat shit idiot

Jan 19, 2003
^^ yeh im an idiot when i bought it off some rich ass lady in the oakland hills who let me in her home- cuz damn that seems like the kind of person who's gonna scam me, especially now that i know where she lives.

yeah, ill buy a car off u tonight- come meet me at 25th n church in SF, me and my 'family' all got cash in hand ya lil escobar wanna be ass bitch.