Angels signed Hamilton on a 5yr deal.... WOW

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 15, 2009
OMFG!! Now they can package Trumbo and Bourjos for a bad ass pitcher

.Sources: Josh Hamilton to Angels

ESPNDallas.com | December 13, 2012
Free-agent slugger Josh Hamilton agreed to a five-year, $125 million contract Thursday with the Los Angeles Angels, sources told ESPN.com.

Hamilton's former team, the Texas Rangers, had been in negotiations to retain the 2010 MVP. Hamilton's camp had also reportedly met with the Mariners at the winter meetings.

Hamilton, 31, has batted .304 in his big-league career, all but 90 games of it in Texas. He has provided big power in the middle of the Rangers' lineup, helping the team to World Series appearances in 2010 and '11.
Hamilton hit .285 with 43 homers and 128 RBIs in an inconsistent 2012 season that didn't finish well; a vision problem caused him to miss five games, he struggled offensively and he had an error in the AL West-deciding loss to Oakland.

Information from ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM's Ben

Feb 12, 2004
the Giants and the Cards, the 2 teams that have won the World Series in the last 3 years have won with home grown talent and touch of savvy vets. A's also used this formula to dominate those big spenders in the AL West. Ill take that formula. It's not about the big bopper, it's about the guys who are clutch when the time calls for it.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
overpaid for 5 yrs we should have went for pitching but if our pitching staff can hold leads will shall be okay now i need to buy some tix for when They goto OAKLAND

Feb 12, 2004
Yeah, what idiots. Why would anybody sign Josh Hamilton?

In a series where the division is up for grabs this is what 125 million gets you -clutch. Dude was probably thinking about smoking rocks during that fly ball.

bs aside obviously Hamilton is a stud, but seeing the Giants invest their money on developing homegrown players and keeping them here has given me a new appreciation for that formula. Posey, Pablo, Belt, Crawford, Timmy, Madbum, Cain, Romo, Wilson, Sanchez(in 2010) and even Vogie were all players drafted by the Giants. Sprinkle in some clutch, non-sexy vets like Scutaro, Burrell, Huff, Uribe and you have 2 out of the last 3 world series right here in SF.

"Our strategy is just different, developing guys and bringing them through the system and sprinkling in free agents and trades when it makes sense," Baer said. "We've done free agents before, but we're trying to do more of a homegrown thing...You can't let what any other team does alter your strategy. That would be a mistake. If we're going to look at the Dodgers spending all this money and say we're going to be free-agent-centric, we don't think that would be smart."
-Larry Baer, President & CEO of the SF Giants

Last edited:
Props: prodigy91
Sep 15, 2009
overpaid for 5 yrs we should have went for pitching but if our pitching staff can hold leads will shall be okay now i need to buy some tix for when They goto OAKLAND
Get your tickets breh! I bought the 20 game mini package. Hopefully I get the games I selected