Angels acquire LHP Christiansen from SF

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Both Donnelly and Shields are better pitchers against lefties than Christiansen is. MUCH better. I really don't see Christiansen helping all that much (unless he can bat 4th/5th and protect Vlad.)

If you guys don't remember who Christiansen is, he gave up 5 ER's against the A's in 1 inning in that 16-0 blowout against the A's... He faced every lefty in the A's lineup (because the A's batted around) and I think he gave up a hit to each of em. He's the guy who got mad because Dan Johnson hit a 2 run single off him, then tried to hit Nick Swisher, only for Swisher to get up and hit a 2-run HR off him.

A's lefties vs. Christiansen
Chavez: .400 AVG/.800 OPS
Hatteberg: .500 AVG/1.150 OPS
Johnson: 1.000 AVG/2.000 OPS
Kotsay: .143 AVG/.286 OPS

Apr 25, 2002
G-Dubb said:
If you guys don't remember who Christiansen is, he gave up 5 ER's against the A's in 1 inning in that 16-0 blowout against the A's... He faced every lefty in the A's lineup (because the A's batted around) and I think he gave up a hit to each of em. He's the guy who got mad because Dan Johnson hit a 2 run single off him, then tried to hit Nick Swisher, only for Swisher to get up and hit a 2-run HR off him.

A's lefties vs. Christiansen
Chavez: .400 AVG/.800 OPS
Hatteberg: .500 AVG/1.150 OPS
Johnson: 1.000 AVG/2.000 OPS
Kotsay: .143 AVG/.286 OPS
That was probally his worst game all season, cuz the A's were lighting it up now matter who was pitching that day. He hasn't done that bad otherwise, but I agree, it wont help the Angels that much.

Apr 25, 2002
YOUNG-$PIDER415 said:
O DAMN I AINT KNOW ALL DAT...I NEVER LIKED HIM THOUGH.....SCOTT EYRE DOIN GOOD !
That's who the Angels should have gone after, he's actually a decent pitcher and the Giants only have him signed through this season.
714KaliHydro said:
Well, we put him up up against two left handed batters tonight. Both got singles off of him, then he was taken out.

His first outing as an Angel, and it sucked ass.
Get used to it.

It's almost like the Angels tried to fix their "situational lefty" problem by getting the first lefty they could get their hands on... Did they even look at his stats against lefties? If lefties hit the guy pretty hard, you might as well get a righty that can get lefties out.