Andre Nickatina concert consisted of one 30 second freestyle

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 10, 2006
bakersfieldnow.com/news/74201102.html?video=YHI&t=a
Sabrina Rodriguez
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- For the past 18 years, Jerry's Pizza and Pub has been serving up slices and sounds to downtown Bakersfield.

"Every weekend, for years and years, we used to conduct the shows," said business owner Jerry Baranowski. "One was bigger, one was smaller, one was 80 people another was 250 maybe 300."

Baranowski has had hundreds of musical acts perform with no problems. That was until last Friday, when Bay Area rapper Andre Nickatina came to perform, though concert-goer Jake Holder wouldn't call it performing.

"(Nickatina) did one freestyle, one free style, that was like 30 seconds long and then cut out," recalled Holder. "(Nickatina) said, 'Oh we need five minutes for our DJ to set up right' and he didn't come back on."

In fact, Nickatina left the venue, canceling the concert, and leaving the audience high and dry.

"Everybody was mad, not just me, the whole crowd," said Holder. "I don't believe (artists) should do that. They're here for us, but we're here for them, so he should show love to us, because we paid the money."

Since the cancellation, Baranowski has been dealing with upset fans, who want a refund, but it's not his responsibility it's the concert promoter Tim Gardea.

Eyewitness News couldn't contact Gardea directly about the canceled show, but he did release a statement on his Web site saying he's "waiting to hear back from Andre's camp" and is "very upset by this situation" and "wants it resolved."

Even though Baranowski isn't responsible, he still feels bad.

"They should come up with some solution to make up for these people," Baranowski said about the promoter and artist. "I believe that these people owe (an) apologize for an unsuccessful show."

As for Nickatina, he has not released any statement or apology about the incident, and that silence has hurt his reputation.

"I would not pay money to go see him," said Holder. "If they brought (Nickatina) for a free concert I'd probably go and see that, but I am not wasting no more money on him."

If a make-up concert is scheduled, Baranowski has offered up his business, for free, as the venue. Gardea says another follow up statement about the situation will posted by the weekend.

drewski.kalonji

Shark Finning & Grinning
May 17, 2002
Murky Bay Waters, CA
he needs switch up his fanbase again. white college kids are starting to get upset.

That fool should reawaken the jim jones persona and start slaughtering animals and shit. i mean horrorcore seems to be all the rage in 2009 right haha. like get some pics of him all cracked out with i hate you with a passion painted with blood on the walls of dorm rooms and shit. hell then maybe he'll be playing bigger venues than a pizzaria lol.

Aug 17, 2002
he sold out the key club in la days in advance on october. he definitely does better than pizza and coffee shops

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
He did 2 songs at a show @ some club off Mariposa in S.F. a while back it was Vital (who killed it) Nikatina (was weak) and San Quinn (who did hella songs then chilled w/ everybody like nothing. Everybody stayed and chilled w/ the fans except Andre. He did ayo4yayo & something else then ran like the cops were chasing him. I remember Vital laughing at his ass at the bar........ I would never pay to see him

Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
He did 2 songs at a show @ some club off Mariposa in S.F. a while back it was Vital (who killed it) Nikatina (was weak) and San Quinn (who did hella songs then chilled w/ everybody like nothing. Everybody stayed and chilled w/ the fans except Andre. He did ayo4yayo & something else then ran like the cops were chasing him. I remember Vital laughing at his ass at the bar........ I would never pay to see him
So basically Dre did "Ayo 4 Yayo" ( which is Quinn's song with Dre on the hook and Lolo Swift's song before that LOL ) then ran off while people laughed at him afterwards? Classic. I still laugh at the time of the Bay Legends tour in Petaluma when RBL, Totally Insane, TC, etc all came out to do the show with Dre and he had us all cleared out of the backstage before he would come in.

However, Quinn performing with all his heart AND chilling with the crowd is very typical of Quinn. One of the most down to Earth dudes you'll ever have the pleasure of meeting and/or doing music with.

May 19, 2005
Crazy shit. I've heard hella good things about Nickatina concerts. I've only been to one but he went on for days. It was up in Seattle. He was saying "I'm gonna rap out til I black out." Did all the classic songs and was sick. That sucks this shit happened, but fuck it. It can't always be good. I'd probably bounce the fuck out of a pizza hut too, haha.