Andre Arlovksi vs Bret Rogers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
Yea, not much to discuss really. Rogers took way too big of a step up .. they should have gone after someone like Buentello to see how they would do at another level. He can always connect on Arlovski cause he has good power I just don't really see it happening unless he catches him very early in the fight.

May 17, 2004
arlovski is gonna win by tko.

bret rogers hasnt faced anyone near the level of the pitbull
well i was obviously wrong....but im still not gus johnson and bret rogers is not an "mma superstar".

and i dont understand why arlovski took this fight. he had way more to lose than gain from fighting an unknown.

overall the card was pretty bad in my opinion and the commentating was fucking awful and unbearable most of the time.

Jan 4, 2006
i thought the diaz fight was tight. and the announcers do need to settle down, but that is gus johnsons style. in football he will yell every play.

May 10, 2002
Kevin Randleman looked like a 37 year old getting over a steroid hangover ...

Oh wait

Plus, is it me or the Fedor's interpretor almost say UFC instead of USA during that interview?

lenbiasyayo

Rest In Peace
Jun 24, 2008
Kevin Randleman looked like a 37 year old getting over a steroid hangover ...

randleman

Oh wait

Plus, is it me or the Fedor's interpretor almost say UFC instead of USA during that interview?
randleman loose ? arlovski is such a douche bag glad he bit the dust. and diaz is a fuckin queer

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
Fucking Arlovski, how do you get KO'd without throwing a punch by a guy who's best win was James Thompson
And now his best win is Arlovski. Besides the very rare Joe Warren type fighters who fight top competition right off the bat most fighters take gradual steps up in competition until they get matched up with a top opponent without ever fighting one.

i.e. Gonzaga's best win was Carmelo Marrero before he punted Cro Cops head off.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Oh ya I wasn't saying the better guy on paper should always win every time, I just can't believe a guy who was #2 in the world earlier in the year got KO'd by an unranked opponent while only getting off a single kick. At least hopefully now Overeem can fight for them again, and has a chin as long as he doesn't gas...

And I thought Kid beat Warren :\

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
Oh ya I wasn't saying the better guy on paper should always win every time, I just can't believe a guy who was #2 in the world earlier in the year got KO'd by an unranked opponent while only getting off a single kick. At least hopefully now Overeem can fight for them again, and has a chin as long as he doesn't gas...

And I thought Kid beat Warren :\
As did I but it was close. Warren controlled a lot of the fight and even did good in some exchanges in the clinch. Kid should have never looked like that against a 1-0 fighter. I give Warren much props for taking the shots he did against Kid but this should have been a weight where Kid was an absolute destroyer and he just didn't show it.

Fight should have never been that close to begin with.

Mar 13, 2003
Oh ya I wasn't saying the better guy on paper should always win every time, I just can't believe a guy who was #2 in the world earlier in the year got KO'd by an unranked opponent while only getting off a single kick.
Imagine what that must do to Arvloski's confidence....Did you see him after the fight....He look beyond dissapointed! Lets see what the future holds for him after this fight?!

I was majorly dissapointed by him too....He got mollywhopped!! SMH

Nov 7, 2002
I dont know why so many people hate on bret rogers dude puts in work may not be the best but he goes out there and gets the KO he doesnt have a lot of big name fights but his only starting to get better fights. I like Arlovski but it was not his night he got dropped Bret is still young just coming up this help him a lot with getting his name out there and will see were Bret takes it and hopefully Arlovski gets he shit straight soon.

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
Man you know 9/10 Arlovski would whoop the shit out of Bret Rogers, he just got caught and that's how MMA goes... unless you're Fedor who is not human...
This saying is the most ridiculous used in combat sports. Besides old school black boxers that couldn't get fights with white fighters no one fights each 10 times. Arlovski could win 999,999 out of 1,000,000 unfortunately for him they fought on Rogers 1.

I didn't think Arlovski would lose either but Rogers went in there, saw and opening and laid his ass out. What would happen in 9 other fights isn't important.