Anderson "The Spider Silva" vs Forrest Griffin

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Who will win??

• Anderson Silva

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • Forrest Griffin

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
May 17, 2004
Yup.

A lot of cats just want to see brand name (all-star) fighters. Just like watching any sport.

David West might be workin on a 50 point game on this channel, but Kobe is on the other channel; Most people will watch Kobe.
yeah exactly. just annoys the shit out of me. if you dont like whos on the card, dont buy it, plain and simple.

and wait til after the fights have happened to say if they were weak or not. because you dont know whats going to happen in the cage.

Feb 7, 2006
I dont, I liked Forrest until they pretty much handed him the title after that Rampage fight. Forrest is so one dimensional its not even funny. Anderson Silva is gonna make him look so silly
I agree they gave forrest a give decision over Rampage for the title but Forrest is taller then anderson and is more use to fighting at 205. I don't think he is one dimensional he has the edge in wrestling over Anderson and a so called underrated ground game. I can definitely see Forrest squeaking out a decision if Anderson can't KO or Sub him.

lenbiasyayo

Rest In Peace
Jun 24, 2008
no matter whos on a ufc card, there are always people saying "this looks weak" "im not gonna pay for this".

some of the best cards are with smaller name fighters. i buy every single ppv and rarely (last one being the exception) do i say the card was crap from top to bottom and not worth buying
i rent for the bigger names but yes the undercards alotta times outtshine the headliners. only fights i rented i thought sucked was this past one, cause im a chuck fan and spider fight was gay. but glad i didnt pay for the franklin vs hendo those fights were lame

Jan 10, 2008
Yeah Forrest isnt one dimensional he is actually pretty well rounded. He has to be he has no real power even though his punches looked a little stronger in the Rashad fight he even dazed him at one point i think. To be honest i think the Spider hasnt been to motivated in his last to fights maybe even a little bored and it has showed in the fight but i have a feeling that he will not take forrest lightly and come in 100% motivated and wanting to prove he is still the best. Look what he did to Hendo who is a top light heavywieght himself. Dont get me wrong i would never count forrest out of any fight but i just dont see him being the one to beat Silva.

May 5, 2002
I agree they gave forrest a give decision over Rampage for the title but Forrest is taller then anderson and is more use to fighting at 205. I don't think he is one dimensional he has the edge in wrestling over Anderson and a so called underrated ground game. I can definitely see Forrest squeaking out a decision if Anderson can't KO or Sub him.
Where is he going to accumulate the offense needed to be granted a decision? The only thing I can possibly see him doing is laying on top of Silva for 3 rounds, but for him to avoid Silva's offense is very unlikely, not to mention Silva's vast improvement in wrestling as of late. On the feet, Forrest is very predictable and a striker like Silva will easily exploit that predictability. He's not going to land the kind of strikes that he was able to land on Rampage, or even Rashad for however long that lasted. I really don't see any way Forrest can win this fight.

Regardless, it is a solid match up which will make for an entertaining fight. Forrest isn't scared of anybody and will bring the fight to Anderson, which will probably lead to him getting knocked out. You are pretty much damned if you do and damned if you don't fighting Anderson. If you come at him aggressively, he's going to step it up and exploit your mistakes leaving you knocked out. If you try to pick your shots and fight carefully you are going to get embarrassed and land nothing.

If anyone thinks Anderson looked BAD in his last fight, they don't know what they are watching. He didn't give us a flashy KO granted, but he was definitely impressive. Watch Thales fight Marquart, then come back and watch this fight. For Anderson to COMPLETELY shut down anything Thales had to offer for 5 rounds without breaking a sweat or getting hit is a perfect display of martial arts at a high level. To me that looks more dominating than going out and knocking someone out.

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
^ Agree With Forrest Is Not Scared Of Anybody AN I Bet He Does Go After Sliva No Matter What Ive Never Really Seen Forrest Run Away From Anyone He Likes To Stand Toe To Toe im Thinkn Forrest Will Win

May 17, 2004
If anyone thinks Anderson looked BAD in his last fight, they don't know what they are watching. He didn't give us a flashy KO granted, but he was definitely impressive. Watch Thales fight Marquart, then come back and watch this fight. For Anderson to COMPLETELY shut down anything Thales had to offer for 5 rounds without breaking a sweat or getting hit is a perfect display of martial arts at a high level. To me that looks more dominating than going out and knocking someone out.
marquardt whooped thales' ass when they fought. if he hadnt gotten that horrible point deduction leites would have never gotten the title shot.

i know what i was watching. it was boring as hell. leites did nothing and silva did next to nothing. thats great that silva shut down thales for 5 rounds, but he did nothing offensively. its a shame because silva could have won in the first round if he really wanted to.

May 10, 2002
I found some of Silva's stances and strikes interesting. Especially that matador stance (whatever the fuck that shit was) he was doing. The thing is, he was doing techniques that to him are probably pretty cool (like punches to the lead leg and that kick he threw with his back leg), but the crowd doesn't always understand technique. This is why Machida is such a polarizing fighter.

Thales brought NOTHING to the fight though and I'm not just referring to the flopping.