"An Evening With Victor Wooten"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 15, 2005
4 those who're interested it was a really dope show. Victor is a talented monster on the bass. His set lasted @ 3hrs (8:30pm-11:30pm). He had a band with him; 2 of which are his brothers (Reggie on guitar and Joseph on the keys. Joseph actually just toured with the Steve Miller Band). Place was packed. Smelled like people were blowin' dosia. The drummer was mainey (durin' his solo they turned out the lights and he had flashin' colorful lights on the tips of his sticks. It was an entertainin' light show.). Half of Victor's set were song's (they did one cover; "Stir It Up") and the other were freestyle. Everyone in the band had a solo (durin' Reggie's solo on guitar he was usin' his teeth and at one point he was usin' the mic 2 strum the guitar). The band (that was there) consisted of 2 bass players (includin' Vic), a guitar player, piano, drummer, a female singer and a Morocco/electric violin/male vocalist. All in all it was worth checkin' out/the money.

Nov 15, 2005
It sure is man. There was a brief intermission; about 15 minutes @ 10pm. My feet and legs were tired/sore after that show. It was basically standin' room only unless you were eatin' but I saw a couple people standin' and eatin' as well so seatin' was very limited. Slim's is really a standin' venue anyway.

Nov 15, 2005
^^I've seen a Victor Wooten DVD. Idk if it's the same one you're talkin' about. In the DVD I've seen Victor is wearin' a Marvel shirt.

Nov 15, 2005
^^Ya that DVD's dope man. My younger bro has it. That's the first time I've seen/heard Victor Wooten. Thanks 4 the link. Appreciate it.