American History X

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 27, 2002
I watched this again and I wondered to myself...even with movies like this (where the racist unlearns hatred by the end)....do you think movies like this perpetuate racism? or does it help eliminate it? I know for me personally it didnt do either as i am set in stone on most all of my issues....just looking for opinions. Heresy, if you see this, drop me a PM i need to ask something about a pedal.

Dec 25, 2003
It doesn't do shit. The skinheads watch it for the skinhead parts. Everyone else watches it for other parts. It doesn't change anyone's mind. Racism is unnatural. You have to fight to stay racist, not the other way around.

Jul 31, 2002
it is just a movie, but- if it does any thought provoking, it might be hope that the dumbass skinheads can be reformed, or show appreciation to what reformed skinheads went through. I am the way I am, and books have a little more power over my persuasion than movies (but i got a thing for ed norton.. you see that fool in primal fear??)

Jul 31, 2002
its a movie that makes folks deal with racism- its in your face. Many movies do that, but because this shows consequences~ prison (AND WHAT HAPPENS IN PRISON) and the passing on of illegal activity to chilkdren or in this case younger siblings.. its deep.. Ed Nortons HOT! i'd do him in a m inute.. but he's a funny dude too

Jul 31, 2002
it blows me away that there are more people who have an opinion on this movie, then have an opinion on abortion or rape.. lol.. check sss if you are politically aware or opinionated or even might i sday.. informed??

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
^^^two posts up? ur names sav'dout and its too graphic? lol, just playin. anyway, anyone watch the deleted scenes? they were actually really good scenes, but i can understand why they werent put in.

Apr 25, 2002
wind.prohosting.com
that movie was fuckin tight. Skinhead or not nortons character was a fuckin savage. "BITE THE FUCKIN CURB!!" fool doesnt say shit jsut wakes up grabs his strap and starts blasting. Dotn dwell on the fact he plays a racist weather u like the movie or not. its still a well made movie and the acting is REALLY good. shit had me convinced norton was a fuckin nazi himself lol.

Mar 18, 2003
American History X is one of the greatest movies I have ever seen. I suggest everyone (especially those partaking in racial discussion on this board) watch it when you get a chance.