am i the only one who has gotten this bullshit cryptowall virus

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 2, 2006
not all my music files got hit with the virus which is a good thing
its a painstaking process goin thru each folder makin sure which files got corrupted

im usin:

soulseek
soulseek ns

and

newsgroups to redownload the corrupted folders

Apr 25, 2002
paying what ransom?

sounds like you have a malware installed on your PC/Laptop..

Run these 3 applications .. when you're done let me know how it all went..

1. HitmanPro 3 - SurfRight

2. https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

3. https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/
good lookin out. i downloaded hitman and toolslib. both found shit. i done ran a few different programs that have found shit. the only program thats fuckin up is Malwarebytes. the virus my shit got keeps blocking that. dont block nothin else tho.

Jun 6, 2014
Earth
the only program thats fuckin up is Malwarebytes. the virus my shit got keeps blocking that. dont block nothin else tho.

do u have access to another computer and a way to connect a hard drive via USB? if u have an external HD you can snap the top off of most and use the SATA connector on it. remove the HD from ur computer and scan it on another computer.

Dec 4, 2006
good lookin out. i downloaded hitman and toolslib. both found shit. i done ran a few different programs that have found shit. the only program thats fuckin up is Malwarebytes. the virus my shit got keeps blocking that. dont block nothin else tho.
do you know the name of the virus? I can help you remove it manually..

if malwarebytes didn't remove it...run it after running Hitman Pro and ADW Cleaner..

Malwarebytes should run fine and remove whatever else is left on your PC...

Feb 2, 2006

if malwarebytes didn't remove it...run it after running Hitman Pro and ADW Cleaner..

so far i got 75% of the files back from a backup 80gb desktop hdd that was reformatted. i just need to run runtime gatdataback to get the remaining 25%. the process should take 2 - 3 hours tops. saved myself at least $350 in bestbuy geek squad fees

Apr 25, 2002

i got something else now that pretty much will shut my laptop off, even in safe mode.

the first one i had wouldnt let Malwarebytes open up. i cleaned the laptop with maybe 6 other programs, but malwarebytes wouldnt run.

now nothing will run.

short

Sicc OG
Feb 2, 2006
i got something else now that pretty much will shut my laptop off, even in safe mode.

the first one i had wouldnt let Malwarebytes open up. i cleaned the laptop with maybe 6 other programs, but malwarebytes wouldnt run.

now nothing will run.

if u got a desktop that has sata connetcors on the mobo just plug the hdd into there and scan it. a used pc runs around $200 or an even better idea is to get a friend who got 7 excess computers to donate one

if u cant do that then just reinstall windows 7 using the upgrade option. that way all the files are still there and accessible. theyll just be in a folder called "windows.old"

after doing that download cryptoprevent

https://mega.co.nz/#!HAESDJiQ!3Dabl-zSevRuEFMfiYflEoabgHrYb_tmtS8cWNI5i4k

use default options and the v irus wont hit the pc anymore

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2002
if u got a desktop that has sata connetcors on the mobo just plug the hdd into there and scan it. a used pc runs around $200 or an even better idea is to get a friend who got 7 excess computers to donate one

if u cant do that then just reinstall windows 7 using the upgrade option. that way all the files are still there and accessible. theyll just be in a folder called "windows.old"
im off a Vista toshiba piece of shit.

i been reading about booting from a usb with an antivirus? hows that work?

i just started my laptop in safemode, used tdsskiller, it found nothing. used adxcleaner and it shut my laptop off.

short

Sicc OG
Feb 2, 2006
im off a Vista toshiba piece of shit.

i been reading about booting from a usb with an antivirus? hows that work?

i just started my laptop in safemode, used tdsskiller, it found nothing. used adxcleaner and it shut my laptop off.

u need 3 things:

Download Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO ( 32bit / 64bit ) from Microsoft Techverse

download the iso from there

Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool - Download Release File

burn the iso to usb

https://mega.co.nz/#!Kd1hQCSS!yXMRXTPcHcPR-dE1gOOunxW7QVMbnbteyGk6gSkejH8

windows 7 activator

im not sure which button u press on the toshiba to get into the bios

BIOS Setup / BIOS settings -- access instructions

once you boot up there might be something that says boot. use the right arrow key to get there and hit enter. use the pgup and pgdown keys on the laptop to set usb hard drive as the default boot. restart the laptop and the usb will boot and windows 7 installation is gonna follow

Apr 25, 2002
u need 3 things:

Download Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO ( 32bit / 64bit ) from Microsoft Techverse

download the iso from there

Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool - Download Release File

burn the iso to usb

https://mega.co.nz/#!Kd1hQCSS!yXMRXTPcHcPR-dE1gOOunxW7QVMbnbteyGk6gSkejH8

windows 7 activator

im not sure which button u press on the toshiba to get into the bios

BIOS Setup / BIOS settings -- access instructions

once you boot up there might be something that says boot. use the right arrow key to get there and hit enter. use the pgup and pgdown keys on the laptop to set usb hard drive as the default boot. restart the laptop and the usb will boot and windows 7 installation is gonna follow

what exactly will this do? i dont know much about this typa stuff but ima try it out. i just tried to boot my laptop with an ANG usb stick but the laptop shuts off once i get passed the bios.

L @lungsfull
i have another laptop, not a desktop. im not sure i can try your method with another laptop. mine just had usb ports.

short

Sicc OG
Feb 2, 2006
what exactly will this do? i dont know much about this typa stuff but ima try it out. i just tried to boot my laptop with an ANG usb stick but the laptop shuts off once i get passed the bios.

@lungsfull
i have another laptop, not a desktop. im not sure i can try your method with another laptop. mine just had usb ports.

its gonna reinstall windows 7. the problem seems to be a corrupt hdd thats not bootable. i went thru those steps after i got that cryptowall virus. there is no known antivirus that is gonna detect it

Apr 25, 2002
im running Vista, is running 7 gonna fuck my shit? is my hard drive gonna be wiped out?

this virus shuts my laptop off before i get to the windows desktop now. i tried running msconfig through safe mode with command prompts but my shit shut off before i can check out the start up list. my lap top was hella hot so im hoping it just shut off due to that.

short

Sicc OG
Feb 2, 2006
im running Vista, is running 7 gonna fuck my shit? is my hard drive gonna be wiped out?

this virus shuts my laptop off before i get to the windows desktop now. i tried running msconfig through safe mode with command prompts but my shit shut off before i can check out the start up list. my lap top was hella hot so im hoping it just shut off due to that.

just choose the upgrade option and the upgrade wont fuck up the laptop