Alright then...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 5, 2005
I got the computer knowledge to put a nice look site together for the NW up, but I cant do it alone. I will need content contributers as far as album reviews and all that goes.

Suggested names?

Seems like we need to really get something together here for real.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
I have NorthWestRap.com ready to go. But I am babysitting that name for the time being. I am definitely willing to help out on another site though in the mean time.

I will help with Song Lyrics. I have a good 60-70 NW albums and love memorizing and all that shit. I can also help with Video, if anyone wants to put something up. If you'd like me to chop up a performance you did or something like this, I can do that and make it into a downloadable file. I have done this a couple of times before. I've done Album Reviews before, but they aren't really my thing. Interviews, I could offer some good questions/topics, but I don't know that anyone would want to talk to me personally!

As far as names go, I have a few ideas. NorthWest is always good to have in the name, but anything NW-Related would be cool too. The main thing is to not make the name too Seattle or too Portland-sounding. We need Idaho and Eastern Washington on our side.

NWRidaz was a name thrown around a whole back. NorthWestStreets.com and NWStreets.com are both available as we speak.

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
I think the best thing you can do is MEDIA. Lot's of FOOTAGE of performances, battles, interviews, all that. To get a GOOD site your going to need a street team of some sort or a close-nit group, someone who has some nice cameras and can get lot's of footage, hit up shows VIP and all that, to someone who can write well and document to a few people who can handle the website design and all that, if you guys need graphics or anything once the site gets popping, if it even does, let me know. But I think the most important thing is content, media content, audio is easy to get from artists, but to actually network with them in the city and get some good video is the real deal.

Jul 22, 2005
the site should spot light artists in depth, so the public really gets to know the artists. For the public to embrace someone they damn near gotta feel like they know them. believe me I know a couple of cats that have blown up for real. I really think theres a formula that needs to be followed to insure success. Image, Marketing, Management, A&R personnel, Videos, Radio, a bunch of other things. Anyone else care to add anything?

Dec 11, 2002
I have information on several artists, producers, photographers, promoters, etc. from the NW that I can submit info on .. including pictures from various events.. contacts, etc.. whatevers clever.. just holla..

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
BTruth said:
Got the design done and im deciding between NWrap.com or NWstreets.com, maybe ill just go ahead and buy both?
At $9/year you can't afford not to. But I feel it is important to point out, I am extremely resolute that my NorthWestRap.com/net/org trio will be up by the summer. I'm not trying to bully you into not buying NWRap.com, but it is something to keep in mind, b/c confusion would definitely result.

Dec 11, 2002
Dirty Shoez said:
But I feel it is important to point out, I am extremely resolute that my NorthWestRap.com/net/org trio will be up by the summer. I'm not trying to bully you into not buying NWRap.com, but it is something to keep in mind, b/c confusion would definitely result.

I say if he's ready to get his site movin' now.. do it.. yeah.. if and when you get your site up there may be confusion as to which site has more content, who keeps theirs updated, etc.. at first anyway.. but the more exposure this region gets.. the better.

Dec 20, 2003
Dirty Shoez said:
At $9/year you can't afford not to. But I feel it is important to point out, I am extremely resolute that my NorthWestRap.com/net/org trio will be up by the summer. I'm not trying to bully you into not buying NWRap.com, but it is something to keep in mind, b/c confusion would definitely result.
$5,000 is a ridiculous asking price though.

Apr 1, 2003
Also put dj's on there that have shows that play Northwest Hiphop. Try to include the entire northwest (WA, OR, ID). Start slow and make it a place to go to get info. Keep it updated.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
@marcus
This is true. But if someone were stupid enough to offer me 3-5 G's, then I'd be all for it. The point of the $5,000 figure is that I am not interested in selling for 'any' amount, per se. I've spent too much time thinking and formulating to just scrap everything, and hand it over before it even begins.

Apr 5, 2005
Got alot of stuff i'm workin on. Buying both tonight. Haven't fully decided on which to go with.

Here is what I am currently going to need:

1-2 Reviewers. I plan to help with this, I'm fairly nice with writing when I get professional about it, but I will definitly need help backtracking on some albums. Submit some review work you've done and I'll let you join the staff. If you have no previous review work here are some northwest albums I would like reviewed to start the site off, and would help me out alot.

Byrdie - N Flight
Crytical - Crytical Condition
Red Head Steve - Red Rum
Unexpected Arrival - My Life For Sale
Or bassicly any albums from those artists and others including Livio, Grynch, etc etc. Just make sure it's northwest material.

Any show pictures / Video can be emailed to [email protected]. I would also like any information on upcoming shows you guys have.

Who would you guys like to see for the first featured artist? I'm thinking UA, they're running shit.

Also Kalyn, if you could chat with any of the Big-Names in the northwest (I'm pretty sure you have contacts, and since I'm sure you don't just want to hand them over like that lol), could you get in contact with any big names for a site-opening interview?

ANY MATERIAL YOU HAVE that you think I may find useful, please email to me at [email protected]

My AIM is BTroof if you want to talk bout this more real time.

Dec 11, 2002
And there ya have it.. someone not just talkin'..

I would agree that Neema/Unexpected Arrival would be a dope first featured artist.. I'ma hit you on IM..

Holla at me .. [email protected] .. my AIM is Kalyn208 .. I have some material for you.. no doubt..

Dec 11, 2002
.. I'd say NWrap.com to start... branch out with different aspects of the NW with NWstreets at a later date maybe..? .. just a thought..

Apr 5, 2005
I think i've decided on NWstreets.com for now. It takes awhile to get a side up and running efficiently and with northwestrap.com coming by summer NWstreets will really just be taking off.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Good shit. But you should definitely buy NorthWestStreets.com too, just in case. If you're vocally telling someone the site, and forget to point out that by "NorthWest" its 'NW' and not 'NorthWest', they might end up at a site that doesn't exist.

I've got a few reviews floating around. I'll try to track them down and forward them to you. Both the people I reviewed for seemed to like them.