AllHiphop.com Founders Involved In Secret Gay Marriage ..wtf

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 13, 2009
It's a wrap..smh story taken from topix.com

Most Hip-Hop Fans are familiar with AllHipHop.Com which is one of Hip-Hop's top news websites but, they are not familiar with the two men behind the media hub. Greg Watkins and Chuck Creekmur founded the website in 1998. The two high school friends grew up in Newark New Jersey and Delaware. Over the years AllHipHop.Com has received praise and criticism for the pulse it keeps on Hip-Hop news and music. Notable Hip-Hop organizations such as the legendary zulu nation have denounced the mega site for what they see as it's promotion of negative, materialist and misogynistic Hip-Hop music. In sharp contrast AllHipHop.com has also won awards from Black Enterprise Magazine for it's Hip-Hop coverage. Hip-Hop once considered and obscure underground culture has become a mainstream global phenomenon and sites such as AllHipHop.Com have become instrumental in it's growth by consummating deals with major labels and major independents to promote their artist.

AllHipHop.Com currently generates $4 million dollars annually from ad revenue and other revenue streams. As part of my efforts to construct this article I made numerous attempts to get an in depth interview with Mr. Watkins and Mr. Creekmur to speak about their success but they declined, so we did the next best thing. We spoke to family and friends of the Hip-hop media moguls,and what we uncovered was mind blowing to say the least. A mutual colleague of Mr. Watkins and Mr. Creekmur "Mrs. Vanetta Hayes" informed me the two men are extremely instrumental in the day to day operation of the site and are nearly inseparable; but it was a stark revelation by an employee and friend of the two men that left me floored. "Jonathan Levine" claimed the two men have be married since 2009 in a private ceremony in Canada. Are you serious I asked !? "Dead serious" Mr. Levine exclaimed " as he declared that 95% of AllHipHop.Com's staff are homosexuals himself included".

Canada was one of the first countries to recognize same sex marriage when it passed the Civil Marriage Act in 2005 which made the union of two persons legal in the Country. Having learned this remarkable and astonishing news I made rabid attempts to contact the two men again with no success, but can you blame them for keep quite about their marriage. Hip-Hop is forged on an alpha male driven persona of the rugged street rapper with the the drug selling, hard knock life background. Upon further probing I did manage to uncover an application for a Canadian marriage license by Mr. Creekmore. Frank Ocean declared his bi-sexually about two years ago but he is not really a rapper. What we have here is two men who have made a fortune on the tough and rugged pesona of the Hip-Hop culture, and are afraid the revelation of there true relationship may be bad for business. Hopefully in the coming years Mr. Watkins and Mr. Creekmur will muster up enough courage to go public with their union.

Andrew Modean Associated Press.