Alleged robber accidently shoots himself while fleeing Campbell store!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 20, 2003
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_9097463?source=most_emailed

Alleged robber accidently shoots himself while fleeing Campbell store
By Leslie Griffy
Mercury News
Article Launched: 04/29/2008 03:55:57 PM PDT

An apparently fumble-fingered armed robber gave Campbell police a valuable clue to his capture when he accidentally shot himself while getting away from a liquor store.

Campbell police were searching for a man in dark clothing who robbed the U-Save Liquors on Winchester Boulevard on April 21. They alerted other police departments.

The man they wanted hopped into a light blue or silver car, Captain Greg Finch said. The car might have been a hatchback. It wasn't much of a lead. But there was one more detail.

As the man ran from the store at about 1:25 p.m., witnesses heard a gun shot, police said. The man, they told other departments, may have dropped his gun and shot himself in the leg.

Not long after the report went out, someone matching the robber's description turned up at Kaiser Permanente's hospital in Santa Clara. Nurses there called Santa Clara police, concerned because the man was suffering from a gunshot wound to the leg.

Santa Clara police assumed it was the liquor store robber wanted in Campbell, and they contacted officers there. After he was out of surgery, police booked Clarence Harvey, 29, into the Santa Clara County Jail medical ward on suspicion of armed robbery.

Most crimes aren't this easy to solve, Finch said. More often, he said, suspects will leave more subtle clues such as DNA or a fingerprint.

"I would say 2 or 3 percent of all arrests is one of those where a suspect drops his wallet at the scene or something simple like that. It's a very small percentage," Finch said.
Police are still searching for the driver of the light-colored car, he said.

LOL,I read this yesterday in the newspaper and had me crackin up... This guy should be on the World's Dumbest Criminals!:hurt:

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
How stupid can this fool be. He should have went to a hospital miles away and he should have said he was randomly shot. But I guess it would be hard driving that far with a bullet in your leg and blood all gushing out.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
How stupid can this fool be. He should have went to a hospital miles away and he should have said he was randomly shot. But I guess it would be hard driving that far with a bullet in your leg and blood all gushing out.
Dude just has bad luck.