All the hard work paid off!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 5, 2005
Last year my son played in the NFL Flag Football league, he was center, WR and DB and QB. This year, he's the starting QB!! He wanted to play tackle but his mom is a wimp and balked at the idea, signing him back up in NFL Flag this year. She promised that she'd let hiim play tackle next year though, we'll see. Anyways, all last year I worked with him alot on his throwing, he throws really hard and very tight. He's pretty acurrate too. This year when he was up her with me for the summer, I bought him an authentic NCAA football and we worked on his technique and acurracy every other day, some days he didn't really want to, but we did it anyway. Today was their first game action, a 20 minute scrimmage against the Redskins, he's on the Rams. He threw for 2 touchdowns, one of which was 25-30 yards in the air, and threw for a 2pt conversion as well!!!

I'm so proud of him!

Jun 23, 2003
My nephew is on the arizona wildcats flag team. I hear yah. I(t is quite gratifying watching them suceed. He is 6 and loves madden on ps2. he takes all that he learns from the game and shows it so much on the field. he shows so much coordination.

good to hear though. best of luck to you and your son.

Mar 5, 2005
azryda420 said:
My nephew is on the arizona wildcats flag team. I hear yah. I(t is quite gratifying watching them suceed. He is 6 and loves madden on ps2. he takes all that he learns from the game and shows it so much on the field. he shows so much coordination.

good to hear though. best of luck to you and your son.
Yeah, I was so proud to hear the good news, not just that he threw the td's, but that he has earned the coaches trust and the responsiblity of leading his team in the upcoming season. I just hope he now realizes that simply wanting someting won't get it, you have to work hard for it, and he did and has been rewarded for it!

Mar 5, 2005
YOuNg WiNo said:
i'd hold him out of football til he is in high school
then when you have a son, you do that. I would never stop my son from playing a sport he wanted to play, why would you?

Apr 25, 2002
BigRich503 said:
then when you have a son, you do that. I would never stop my son from playing a sport he wanted to play, why would you?
injuries, wear and tear .for me it was one of the funnest times as a kid playin football from 8-12 but the body only has so many games it can take. i have lower back problems from playin young but maybe i would have gotten em anyways when playin in high school.

Dec 11, 2002
Wow! ..thats super great news Big Rich... I can only imagine how proud you must feel.... Congrats! ...to you and your boy... I'm sure he'll go all the way with it... :classic: