All Old Bay Area Rappers need To Retire

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 29, 2008
I just got thru goin thru the thread about Mac Mall last album and its obvious why its so garbage.These old niggas tryna appeal to kids younger than half they age.Like Mac Mall for example,Dude knows what kinda music he loved when he was comin up and he knows he not making that kinda music right now.He tryna appeal to this microwave music generation which he never will appeal to.They look at him as old so he might as well retire if he aint gon make the kinda music he made in the mid 90's.Same goes for Yuk and 40.Niggas in they late 30's and early 40's tryna make music 2 appeal to they kids friends.What did grown people do so bad to make niggas not try 2 make music catered to us? Like why cant they realize they fan base loved they old shit? Why get on this ringtone bandwagon? They need 2 retire and keep they legacy like the Ant Banks' did.Like the Ant Didley dog's did.Like the Father Dom's did.Leave rap 2 the kids instead of tryna appeal 2 them.

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
that reminds me of when i stopped bumpin Too-$hort after he made that song "Blow the Whistle" and then he tried 2 jump on the hyphy bus, but i still knocc tha old skool Too-$hort albums,,,,,but that Blow the Whistle song was hella gay and that song that $hort made with mistah fab was hella wak compared 2 his old albumz,,,,and i don't bump any E-40 albumz that came after Element of Suprise because his classic albumz is pissin on his new shit

Oct 29, 2008
that reminds me of when i stopped bumpin Too-$hort after he made that song "Blow the Whistle" and then he tried 2 jump on the hyphy bus, but i still knocc tha old skool Too-$hort albums,,,,,but that Blow the Whistle song was hella gay and that song that $hort made with mistah fab was hella wak compared 2 his old albumz,,,,and i don't bump any E-40 albumz that came after Element of Suprise because his classic albumz is pissin on his new shit
If niggas made good investments like Ant Banks did they wouldnt need 2 still be rappin.They could tell labels that if they cant make good quality music they'll retire.But if yo money aint long like dat u gotta stick around and make music u dont even like.

Apr 8, 2006
I agree.
If yr gunna try n apeal 2 new fans cool,but Don't throw away the fanbase ya built doin it ya dummy.
And why try n be sumthin ya really aint...unless ya did get to rich n yr jus hella wack now.
But Iv'e heard recent versus from Mall that where hard as fuck...dude gots the recipe down n goes on some other bullshit with his albums...WTF??

Nov 2, 2002
the main reason bay rap is staying afloat right now is because of the old dudes from the mid to late 90s.
Rap is like barely holding on by a thread by the these guys. These people cant keep dropping albums, we gotta look to someone new eventually

nobe

Sicc OG
Oct 2, 2008
ITS MORE THEN THAT ITS TIME TIME HAS CHANGED!! hyphy is in mobb muzik is out!!!if i have to deal with it so do you!! sucks but oh well!!i guess we saw that era now its gone!! what can i say !! u can still bump the old shit !!
hella exclamations lol

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Ghetto Graduate u got a good point in that music isnt made for older people anymore...its all made for kids...and then people everywhere defend it like thats the only way to make a buck, and u 'have to get with the times.' Sorry, but the new version of E-40 is GARBAGE. What, are older people not listening to music anymore, their opinion doesnt matter?

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
Ghetto Graduate u got a good point in that music isnt made for older people anymore...its all made for kids...and then people everywhere defend it like thats the only way to make a buck, and u 'have to get with the times.' Sorry, but the new version of E-40 is GARBAGE. What, are older people not listening to music anymore, their opinion doesnt matter?
I remember listening to KMEL in the 90s and 10am-3PM, they would play all old school stuff. It's cause the kids were at school, and the folks with the job would turn on KMEL and jam throughout the workday. The kids back in the day are grown ass folk right now. I've noticed that I haven't listened to KMEL since 2003. Turned it on again, and nothing new/special. Same thing with bay music. It sucks. Stop talking about how the old rappers are still rapping. THEY'RE RAPPERS. They rapped about females, alcohol, drugs, and money back in 89 and 99. What are they rapping about in 2009. Same thing. THAT'S WHY NOTHING IS SPECIAL. Same shit, different voices, but definitely same rhymes. I've noticed recently that a lot of the rhymes nowadays are recycled from old shit. Bay ain't no different.

May 8, 2008
I'm sorry Ghetto G, but think what would happen to Bay Area rap if 40 & Yuk retired. 40 in particular. He's been the heartbeat of the Bay for so many years. The only good that could possibly come out of 40's retirement would be that it would force others to step up...other than that, the Bay needs 40 like a hoodrat needs a weave.

Oct 29, 2008
I'm sorry Ghetto G, but think what would happen to Bay Area rap if 40 & Yuk retired. 40 in particular. He's been the heartbeat of the Bay for so many years. The only good that could possibly come out of 40's retirement would be that it would force others to step up...other than that, the Bay needs 40 like a hoodrat needs a weave.
Honestly i would rather have nobody rep this region rather than have garbage music represent this region.Thats just how i feel about it.Destroy and Rebuild it.If niggas wanna keep making these silly ass kiddie raps let they ass keep floppin till the label drops them and rasputins refuse 2 sell dey shit.I'd rather live the 90's over again musically than see bay hiphop like this.

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
YES !