Alchemist: 'For Years, Prodigy Thought I Was An FBI Agent'

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 30, 2005
With all the talk of Prodigy's 3 1/2 year sentence to prison going on,various outlets have been interviewing the Mobb Deep camp asking their thoughts on the arrest, sentence and everything else.

Well, in a recent interview with Complex magazine, Mobb Deep producer Alchemist revealed some funny news about his original induction into the camp, and how they were skeptical about him being around them.

According to Al, Prodigy actually believed he was an FBI Agent for the longest time.

"It took a long time until I got down with them to where it was like, 'Yo Al!' [laughs] It was a very long time," the producer explained. "Those guys have a lot of deaths through their circle and they're leery just being from Queens in general. The white and black thing too wasn't like automatic, me being a white dude, just the whole sh--. P is one of the most skeptical people on the planet. For years, [Prodigy] thought I was an FBI agent."

Although it wasn't openly expressed in their long working relationship, in light of the recent circumstances, P recently divulged his skepticism in the beginning to the producer, who was shocked when he heard it.

"Recently I was like, 'Are you kidding me?' He's like, 'Nah.' So I was like, 'When did you realize I wasn't?' 'When I saw you making the beat son!' For years, they thought they were gonna send an agent in the form of a producer to infiltrate his circle," Alchemist said in the interview with the mag.

Later in the interview, Alchemist discusses his years growing up in Southern California, Mobb Deep and how a 2005 bus crash affected his relationship with Eminem.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
yeah he got caught with a .22

LOL @ getting caught with a .22 in a bulletproof hummer.

that shit is super fucking funny to me.

it would be like, a robot from robotech only shooting pellets and bb's.

bandana p roll through in the french VBL reconnaissance vehicle hittin niggas with bullets the size of newborn baby thumbs

"AAAH NIGGA!!! AAAH!!!"
"VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOM"

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
of course, but still, the interview sounds like they really had a reason to suspect everybody around them (and they did)