Albums Vs. Mix Tapes? What's your take?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 19, 2008
www.soundclick.com
Whats up ya'll?

I'm not a big fan of mixtapes i feel they have killed the album seen for me but there are two albums that have rocked it for me and that's Tech N9ne's "Mix Plate" and T-Nutty's "Bar4Bar".

Let me know if there is a better mixtape and let me know how you feel about mixtapes?

Apr 20, 2005
i like both. if its tight its tight. hopefully one day they will start makin the dj shut the fuck.cuz that shit is gay as fuck.they should just make mixtapes without the dj drops.if that shit ever happens bullshit dj's are done son. then dj's will have to learn how to start scratchin and havin real skills.turntabilism.any one can put songs together.

Feb 19, 2008
www.soundclick.com
Coo coo, let me know where it's at and i'll check it out...i just feel if someone gonna put out real good mixtape don't put out so many.

That is what made 2 Pac so good his sh$t was unheard, unreleased. You get a top secret, explosive mixtape, and that is $$$$.

Jul 1, 2007
Whats up ya'll?

I'm not a big fan of mixtapes i feel they have killed the album seen for me but there are two albums that have rocked it for me and that's Tech N9ne's "Mix Plate" and T-Nutty's "Bar4Bar".

Let me know if there is a better mixtape and let me know how you feel about mixtapes?
god go back to the strange forum where u blong tech nut rider

Feb 19, 2008
www.soundclick.com
how you gonna say that but be a tech n9ne fan with a big ass krizz kaliko picture on your signature...what do you like his big a$$?? like i always say hate is the first one to respond.

i respect real music its not my fault you probably listen to sum whack dance hip hop music by B.O.B. or Lil Wayne lol!

Jul 1, 2007
how you gonna say that but be a tech n9ne fan with a big ass krizz kaliko picture on your signature...what do you like his big a$$?? like i always say hate is the first one to respond.

i respect real music its not my fault you probably listen to sum whack dance hip hop music by B.O.B. or Lil Wayne lol!
LOl im playin with u .. i always get told wat i told you if i bring up tech outside the strange forum.. haha look at u all heatd and shit:(

Jul 1, 2007

Feb 19, 2008
www.soundclick.com
I don't know..
I use to remember wanting to go check out the new Bone Thugs album or seeing if there is a new indie artist's album out for example I would go check to see if the Assassin dropped a new album out or Guce but now Guce is doing nothing. But mixtapes and so is everybody else so it kills the want to check albums out.

May 3, 2002
I don't care for mixtapes at all, i've heard a few tracks from some but you can tell most of the time they are just spitting b/s rather than trying to make an effort for good quality product

Feb 19, 2008
www.soundclick.com
exactly i've only heard a few recently that sound hot in production and a few good ones have been the DPG "100 wayz" and Kurupt's "420 Mixtape, even Tech N9ne's "Mix Plate". I say that because the production is just hot enough to be an album, no instrumenats, just plain original beats.

Aug 5, 2009
i like both, mixtapes and albums

but mixtapes are 100% supposed to be for the streets, no commecial obligations in the sense of doing commercial pop tunes to cater to mainstream radio unless they cross over to you and play your shit from the mixtapes, you see what i'm saying

mixtapes is sometimes better than the albums because of the commercial pop rap era that we live in now, so mixtapes are usually for us heads that love that hardcore, raw, gutta shit over cook, coke, crack beats, you see what i'm saying

the best type of mixtapes i like is the ones that are like street albums, wit like two 8 bar verses over original beats, or two 16's(i'm a greedy customer, ha ha), maybe sumthin like 12 to 16 tracks, wit one or two tracks over other peoples beats to show how that said artist style can fit on a next sicktrumental and merk it, you get what i'm saying

like 50's 'guess who's back' classic mixtape from 2002/2003, thats the type of shit that i like best, yes surr

Feb 19, 2008
www.soundclick.com
I thought it was cool when Pac came out with unreleased stuff. now that's how rappers should make mixtapes. A great way to hype listeners up on a mixtape is to release it as top secret tracks or uncensored tracks they just don't know how much more money they would be making instead of they have to spend it on promotion when a mixtape should be about pushin it out in the streets.

Aug 23, 2002
It really depends on the artist in my opinion. Some artist like Ron Ron put out, out of this world mixtapes. Some suck horribly. For the most part I like albums because usually they take their time and make it more personal and make it more though provoking. But, it still all depends on the artist.