Alabama Vs Texas

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Bama or Texas

• Alabama

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • Texas

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
Apr 25, 2002
yeah i laughed when i heard Ingram say both teams deserved to play for the championship game, knowing the competition they played is not up to par
I don't know that I agree with that. With college football it is what it is especially in bowl games. The Pac10 was the strongest conference hands down during the regular season, they ended up being a huge dissapointment. The Big10 was supposed to be washed up, I think they had one of the strongest bowl seasons of all the conferences. With all the BCS shit and conference talk that ensues, people forget college football is college football. 18-22 year old kids playing against each other. To say the Big12 is weak is ignoring the lack of depth in the SEC this year, AND ignoring both teams played a bunch of shithead cupcake teams for their out of conference.

Football is just that, a game. Personally, I think Oregon would beat Ohio State and TCU would beat Boise 6 or 7 out of 10 times, but thats why they play the game. Texas went undefeated. The only other team I thought would be a good match in the BCS would have been Oregon and TCU, and they both lost their bowl games, Oregon losing 2 games in the regular season so legitimately not even in discussion.

May 9, 2002
I wont say it affected outcome but you are insane if you dont think it affected the game at all.
It TOTALLY affected the outcome, because we dont know what WOULD have happend had he not gotten hurt.

The fact is, Alabama beat a team that RELIES on Colt to run that offense, an offense he has ran for 4 YEARS, won 3 bowl games with, and is the all-time passing leader of....period. Colt is a winner. He is experienced. Now, you have a frosh running an offense...in the BIGGEST game for Texas in years. Is anyone SHOCKED at the outcome? I not. The fact that Alabama nearly let Texas WIN with that situation, is comical.

Mar 17, 2006
did anyone else notice all those balls that were dropped by Texas? that receiver for texas, Williams i think his name is #9, he dropped at least 5 passes and one that should have been a touchdown. the stupid shovel pass that was the running backs fault right before half time, Texas really should have won that game, but they didnt

May 9, 2002
did anyone else notice all those balls that were dropped by Texas? that receiver for texas, Williams i think his name is #9, he dropped at least 5 passes and one that should have been a touchdown. the stupid shovel pass that was the running backs fault right before half time, Texas really should have won that game, but they didnt
Even Shipley had butterfingers in the first half.

Not to mention, the clock management and decision making of the Texas CS was terrible in the last :47 of the half. The fuck were they doing?