Ahead of It's Time?!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Hmmmmm....maybe this is a stupid question, but....

I got to thinkin the other day, and I noticed some people will label a classic album "ahead of it's time." I sat back and thought about it, and wondered just what the fuck does this exactly mean?! Some prime examples would be E-40's In A Major Way or Snoop Dogg's Doggstyle album, just to name a few...but can anyone clarify just exactly what it means for an album to be.....
"ahead of it's time" ????
:confused:

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
Pretty self explanitory.The music that comes out after it decides whether or not it was "ahead of it's time".EFIL4ZAGGIN,production by Dre on that album influenced other people to take tidbits from it later on down the line.

TKO

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
Ahead of it's time=material that was so mind blowing that you couldn't fathom that someone could come out with something so fucken tight!

IN A MAJOR WAY was definitely one of those records that knocked you off your feet..and went ohhhhhhhh shiiit....that's sick!

bsleezy

Bad Muh F*#kah
Dec 15, 2002
www.myspace.com
fah sho ... Outkast's shit is ahead of it's time ... I feel like alot of rappers aint doin shit right now but followin a certain trend when it comes to makin a hit record ... The beats comin out right now are doin it for me ...