advanced rubber guard

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 5, 2006
i dont fuck with the rubber guard, im not hella flexible.

I utilize alot of half guard and work some sweeps.. ive been looking at some shawn williams stuff. Heard his guard is for bigger/less flexible people.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
you should check out the eddie bravo dvd, this guy posted the whole thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1nU5NdrANU

has all his old tournament footage, fucking crazy how he won every time doing nothing but half guard>lock down>sweep>side control>twister
In his later fights he talks about how he started fucking around and slowly came up with the rubber guard, grabbing his feet to keep guys from positioning and shit.

Apr 26, 2002
i dont fuck with the rubber guard, im not hella flexible.

I utilize alot of half guard and work some sweeps.. ive been looking at some shawn williams stuff. Heard his guard is for bigger/less flexible people.
yea, me neither (flexibility). when i roll i usually jus pull guard and start workin from my bacc. my top game is good, i got a good base so i like workin from my bacc. honestly, i like sweepin mofos better than i like tappin ppl out sometimes. i dont kno, jus a good ass feelin reversin a big mofo off of u and endin up on top. feel like he-man typa shit.

you should check out the eddie bravo dvd, this guy posted the whole thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1nU5NdrANU

has all his old tournament footage, fucking crazy how he won every time doing nothing but half guard>lock down>sweep>side control>twister
In his later fights he talks about how he started fucking around and slowly came up with the rubber guard, grabbing his feet to keep guys from positioning and shit.
yea, imma checc it out when i have time. i jus went to a lutador tournament couple weekends ago. watched cobrhina. don't kno if u've heard of him, but he's like a michael jordan in grappling. dude is a beast. fold.

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
FOR A JITS PLAYER RUBBER GUARD CAN BE USEFUL BUT FOR STREET SITUATIONS. IT'S HORRIBLE, BUT THEN AGAIN WHO USES GUARD IN A STREET FIGHT LOL!!!

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
^^ Hey that one dude from Chute Box triangled Krazy Horse when they got in a fight backstage at Pride haha, but that was more Krazy almost stacked him and the guy flung his legs around his head.

yea, imma checc it out when i have time. i jus went to a lutador tournament couple weekends ago. watched cobrhina. don't kno if u've heard of him, but he's like a michael jordan in grappling. dude is a beast. fold.
Never heard of him, I'll check him out. And you made me remember this now lol
Mike Goldberg- "Travis Lutter is like the Michael Jordan of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu!"
Joe Rogan- "No, he's not."
Goldy- "Larry Bird?"
Rogan- "No."
Goldy- "Kobe Bryant?"
Rogan- "......"

Jul 29, 2008
Rubber guard is one of those positions that you have to learn about, not really for you to do, but alot of people are playing that guard and its good to know how to get out of it... not to mention its good to try to learn. Every position is not 100%, but each offers alot to do.. the more you know, the more your grappling game can become better.

i've been playing with the "tornado guard" since i want to a Ryan hall seminar.
Xguard and Cross guard i've started to get into my game as well.

i dont think i'll ever compete hardcore, but I just love messing around.

If you havent pikd up 10th planet books, you sleeping. If you havent gotten the new 10th planet fade to black dvds, get em!

all no gi.