Admit you like gay music thread.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 23, 2006
lol @ calling Modest Mouse emo.

That word has become so bastardized.

I guess seeing he spoke what he felt 2Pac is emo too huh?
... what do you think emo is??

the song i posted is a nostalgic song about his ex GF and sang in a whiny voice... that is the defenition of emo to me

maybe all of there songs arent emo but the on i posted is for sure

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I don't think what emo is. I know what real emo is.

If you feel like doing some research wikipedia it or something. Emo was a break off of hardcore music in the mid 80s and continued on until the mid 90s with some bands still playing the origianl sound today. Real emo had nothing to do with "breaking up with girls, I want to kill myself" type stuff. Listen to Embrace, Indian Summer, Native Nod, etc etc and tell me they sound anything like what you (and I mean people in general these days) think emo is.

What people call emo today is mostly crappy pop punk (Panic at the Disco,etc) and crappy post hardcore.

Well your defenition of emo is way off from what it really is. But I guess it fits right into the mainstream defenition these days of emo... which is a joke in itself.

Oh, and Modest Mouse are just and indie rock band.

Apr 23, 2006
I don't think what emo is. I know what real emo is.

If you feel like doing some research wikipedia it or something. Emo was a break off of hardcore music in the mid 80s and continued on until the mid 90s with some bands still playing the origianl sound. Real emo had nothing to do with "breaking up with girls, I want to kill myself" type stuff. Listen to Embrace, Indian Summer, Native Nod, etc etc and tell me they sound anything like what you (and I mean people in general these days) think emo is.

What people call emo today is mostly crappy pop punk (Panic at the Disco,etc) and crappy post hardcore.

Well your defenition of emo is way off from what it really is. But I guess it fits right into the mainstream defenition these days of emo... which is a joke in itself.

Oh, and Modest Mouse are just and indie rock band.
lol im sorry dude but times have changed thats not what emo means anymore

gay used to mean happy ... try and use it in that context now... tell me how it works out

if we were to poll the majority of the world about what they thought emo was im willing to be most people would agree with my defenition..... soooo by popular demand im right and your wrong :cheeky: lol

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
lol im sorry dude but times have changed thats not what emo means anymore

gay used to mean happy ... try and use it in that context now... tell me how it works out

if we were to poll the majority of the world about what they thought emo was im willing to be most people would agree with my defenition..... soooo by popular demand im right and your wrong :cheeky: lol
Well yes it is does still mean that. That's what emo as a genre still is until this day. So if you label a band like lets say Modest Mouse emo that means you are putting them in that genre which would be wrong. It's not my fault that most people are ignorant to the subject and goes along with what MTV and mainstream radio tells them.

You are 100% right in the use of the word though these days. I'll give you that. I've heard people call movies, tv shows, etc "emo" so I guess it does mean something else these days.

Also for your last statement a majority of the people in the world are also complete idiots so that doesn't mean much at all lol.

Jan 14, 2006
listen to some emo and listen to that song again and you'll see the huge difference. real emo, Indian Summer, I Hate Myself, June Paik lots of great bands.

has anyone listened to Indian Summer's "Discography"? Orchard or whatever name you have for it is way too good of a song dont know what its really called since most songs didn't have names i think since the one i have the name says its called Orchid. you can probably find some people online that make cassettes mail you a mix lol i've gotten some before.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah, I own their discography. It came in really cool cardboard type box. I got it from the band themselves about 2 years ago.

Great band.

The lead singer of Indian Summer now does music under the name of Her Space Holiday. Totally different stuff but really good stuff also.

Kyle

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I'm sure some of you feel me on this but I'm a huge Sade fan.
Sarah Bareilles, who has a couple big songs out now, has some songs that I really like
Also, I have no problem with late 90's commercial hiphop albums by Mase, Jermaine Dupri, ect. I also still think Ja Rule is a pretty good rapper

Mar 10, 2006
I'm sure some of you feel me on this but I'm a huge Sade fan.
Sarah Bareilles, who has a couple big songs out now, has some songs that I really like
Also, I have no problem with late 90's commercial hiphop albums by Mase, Jermaine Dupri, ect. I also still think Ja Rule is a pretty good rapper
It seems appropriate to point you towards the song Ja Rule and Metallica did. It was pretty gay, but I got a kick out of listening to it..lol Youtube: 'We Did It Again' and you'll see what I mean.