Adding Reverb To Vocals

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 13, 2002
www.70mile.com
How much reverb should i add to my vocals.......im just gettin the hang of adding effects to vocals and i wanted to know your guys opinions....... BTW im using Adobe Audition if you guys could give me any tips

thanks

p.s. im recording on lame ass computer mic, vocals are clear and are not distorted in anyway i just want them a little higher without distortion or any of that shit

May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^ yup i use that same site for help..

jaydub816-im in the same boat as u right now..i have adobe audition an like a $15 head set mic..its comes out clear, its just hard to polish it up tight with all the options you have on there..check that tutorial CcytzO gave you..it will help! other then that i would spend a few hours just messin with everything and see what it does and the effect it has on your vocals...

also since u have a cheap mic like me, i have a plugin for adobe audition called a Mic Modeler..it works pretty good and boost the quality of your mic output...hit me up if u want it

Jan 21, 2004
THAT MIC MODELER IS IGHT BUT I NOTICED IT KINDA FUCCS UP VOCALS AND GIVES A WIERD SOUND THAT MIGHT NOT ALWAYS BE NOTICIBLE ON YA COMP BUT WHEN YOU LISTEN TO THE SONG ON ANOTHER SOURCE LIKE A CAR OR SOMETHIN YOU CAN HEAR WIERD NOISES....BUT I GUESS THAS WHAT YA GOTTA DEAL WIT......I KNOW YALL BROKE LIKE ME BUT EVEN I WAS ABLE TO GET ME A MIC AND MIXER SO IF YOU SERIOUS ABOUT RECORDING GO GET YOU A CONDENSER MIC THE CHEAPEST ONES ARE AROUND 100 BONES BUT YOULL NOTICE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN YA VOCALS.....I GOT THE RODE NT1A FOR 199......BEHRINGER 8 CHANNEL MIXER FOR 50.....CHEAP SIMPLE SET UP BUT WAY BETTER THAN THE DYNAMIC MIC I WAS USIN BEFORE.....

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
1.REVERB WILL NOT MAKE THE TRACKS LOUDER. IT WILL MAKE TEH TRACKS SOUND MORE DISTANT.

2.REVERB SHOULD BE APPLIED AS A SEND EFFECT. IF POSSIBLE CREATE AN AUX OR BUSS WITH REVERB APPLIED TO IT AND ROUTE YOUR TRACK TO THAT.

3.IF YOU CAN HEAR THE EFFECT YOU MOST LIKELY HAVE TOO MUCH OF THE EFFECT APPLIED TO THE TRACK. BACK OFF TO WHERE YOU CAN JUST BARELY HEAR THE EFFECT. THAT SHOULD BE YOUR STARTING POINT.

4.GOOD LUCK.

:HGK:

May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
since u have the same program as me, id use the "tight an close" its in delay effects..i think this is the best one..you can hear a slight difference in your vocals but not too much...some of the reverbs on there add too much echo! i dont think you really want that..id go for the more natural sound and not over do it with reverb

Nov 13, 2002
www.70mile.com
yeah that website helped a ton.........DAMIZE you need to hop on AIM sometime so i can swoop that plug in from you.....even if im away or idle just send the song, my computer automatically accpets things