Addiction (Movie)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 21, 2004
www.SCARLING.com
Anyone seen this flick? it's pretty tight. It moves very slow & is in black & white, but as far as vampire movies are concered I think this is one of the best. alot of the images in this are unsetteling in a creepy way. I don't think it's been released on DVD. if you ever get the chance I suggest you watch it in a dark room by yourself. it's on another level.

Dec 25, 2003
Yeah I seen it when it came out a few years ago. Wifey persuaded me to go see it with her coz she's bang into all that vampire shit. It's a creepy little movie no doubt. Very dark and intense. There's an Abel Ferrara double pack you can get with The Addiction and another one of his movies that came out the same year (1996) called The Funeral which is a tight gangster flick that I highly recommend. Here's some info on both movies for anyone who hasn't seen em..

The Addiction

From Abel Ferrara, one of the most intense and controversial directors working today, comes a relentless and compelling piece of movie-making that will further prove that his films are not for the faint-hearted.

Kathleen Conklin (Lili Taylor), a philosophy student at New York University, is dragged into an alley by a mysterious, well-dressed stranger (Annabella Sciorra) who sucks blood from her neck. Kathleen survives the attack, but develops such an overwhelming addiction to human blood that she realises she must kill to satisfy it.

As she reluctantly comes to terms with her new predatory appetite, Kathleen wrestles with her conscience, desperately searching for some kind of redemption before she succumbs to an addiction that will engulf her and all those around her.

The Funeral

22 year-old Mafioso Johnny Tempio lies dead in an open coffin, his grief-stricken family gather to pay their last respects. His brothers, Ray (Christopher Walken) and Chez (Chris Penn) want revenge. Their prime suspect is Gaspar Spoglia (Benicio del Toro) head of a rival crime family, whose wife had an affair with Johnny.

The surviving brothers' wives Jean (Annabella Sciorra) and Clara (Isabella Rossellini) want to avoid the inevitable bloodshed, but nothing can stop the insistent Ray and the volatile Chez from putting Johnny's killer in the ground.