ADD ON TO THIS LIST

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 25, 2003
mic 100$
mixer 300$
mic pre 100$
computer for 600$
recording software web or 200$
plugins (compressor,eg,yada yada) web
soundcard 300$
midi card 150$
sound module 300$
keyboard 300$
monitors (speakers) 200$
amp 150$
headphones 80$
wires and acc 120$

THIS IS WHAT SOMEONE IN THIS FORUM SAID IS WHAT YOU NEED FOR A STUDIO WOULD THIS BE CORRECT? OR DID HE FORGET ANYTHING IT LOOKS PRETTY GOOD TO ME BUT I AM FAR FROM THE EXPERTS THAT SOME OF YOU ARE

TELL ME WHAT HE NEGLECTED TO PUT, IF ANYTHING AT ALL

Apr 25, 2002
I assume this is for a little home studio setup so... I would go atleast $250 on the mic. Get like a Mackie 1604 for your mixer and just use the mic pre's on that. Get a soundcard that already has midi on it (a lot of them do) or just use the midi your mainboard came with (if it did). Get powered monitors so you don't need an external amp. Then use the money you saved and put it towards a real keyboard because a keyboard @ $300 is going to be a straight piece of shit unless you have the super-homie discount.

Unless you plan on holding the mic, you'll need a mic stand (about $40) and a windscreen (about $20), among other things.

A lot of people try to corner every corner possible to keep costs down. I strongly advise against that. You'll wind up with a bunch of worthless crap that you've outgrown.

If you are going to invest in some equipment, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD SOUND SOURCE! I can't stress enough how important having good sounds is!

RaginHomosexual said:
mic 100$
mixer 300$
mic pre 100$
computer for 600$
recording software web or 200$
plugins (compressor,eg,yada yada) web
soundcard 300$
midi card 150$
sound module 300$
keyboard 300$
monitors (speakers) 200$
amp 150$
headphones 80$
wires and acc 120$

THIS IS WHAT SOMEONE IN THIS FORUM SAID IS WHAT YOU NEED FOR A STUDIO WOULD THIS BE CORRECT? OR DID HE FORGET ANYTHING IT LOOKS PRETTY GOOD TO ME BUT I AM FAR FROM THE EXPERTS THAT SOME OF YOU ARE

TELL ME WHAT HE NEGLECTED TO PUT, IF ANYTHING AT ALL

Jan 25, 2003
for the delta 1010 soundcard, im thinkin i might get that.....my question is, if i bought that, would i need a seperate midi card?

also, for two event 6 monitors, would i need an external amp for those?

thanks yall