? about printing cmyk/rgb

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
when u want a cover to be printed out at the best quality what
color mode do you start in? i know cmyk is print but can you start
in rgb and switch to cmyk when your done?

Apr 25, 2002
www.essqubed.com
You can switch from RGB to CMYK but then you will need to do some adjustments to the colour in each layer (which works better then doing a flattened RGB file). Some of your PS tools are not available when working in CMYK mode...BUT you can view how your image will look in a CMYK format while still working in RGB. Go to your menu & go to View>Proof Colors & make certain that it is set to CMYK. Hope this helps.

Regards

Apr 25, 2002
my teacher taught me this in photoshop my knowledge is slipping but cmyk is good for color and detail like printing web graphics and rgb is cool but cmyk is better for print quality for those kinda graphics.

am i right?

Apr 25, 2002
correct me if im wrong but if your doing 2 color you need to design it as a duotone and not a cmyk but for a 4 color you do the rgb to cmyk...and while designing it in rgb mode you can click on your color pallet and go to custom to go threw the pantone colors...

Jan 16, 2003
RGB is color shown through light, like on a computer screen or on a TV, while CMYK is on paper.

You can go from RGB to CMYK without making the cover look different if you use a good ICC profile. I can't help you with that, cuz my english ain't top notch, and I have a swedish version of Photoshop, but if you find a manual or turitorials on the web it ain't so hard.

And like ikIndividuoh said, you should make it a bit bigger so they can cut it out without getting a white stirpe around the cover.

300 dpi will do.