A-WAX SAVAGE TIMES REVIEW

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

eMDe

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Aye every1 tell me if ya'll feelin my reviews or what i could do to make em better.....

1.Into *Produced by Roblo*
Real tight beat bringin in a lil skit and some of A-Wax's old shit in the background.
------------------
2.Get Low *Produced by Roblo*
BANGIN TRACK. This is the song that got me to buy the album when i heard it on a local tv show (music network) Beat is knockin, but A-Wax's delivery is what brings this song out the most. Vicious delivery. 10/10
------------------
3.Rappa / *Produced by Roblo*
Bangin beat, gotta kick back feelin to it. Verses and chorus all are hard. Delivery and content is tight on this one. 10/10
------------------
4.Benificial (deat. Breadleon) *Produced by Roblo*
Coo beat. Stands out alot. A-Wax came hard. Breadleon's verse was cool, but sounded "rushed" The background vocals are a off. Too much stuff going on in the background. It takes focus off the verse. But other than that he came pretty tight.
8/10
------------------
5.Heaven or Hell *Produced by Big Dave*
LOVIN THIS TRACK! Spits some REAL SHIT in this one. Bangin beat.And Wax spits real shit. "Say heaven or hell Cuz a cat don't know/Aww fuckit i know/but i aint tryna say it bro"
10/10
------------------
6.Around the World (feat. Ridlah J. Klyde)Produced by Roblo
Beat is cool. Good to have different flavors in the album.WAx and Features spit some tight shit.
8/10
------------------
7.Journey(Featuring Woodie) *Produced by woodie*
Pretty tight beat. Theres just a lil "bubble" sound thats kida annoying. But A-Wax's lyrics and vocals are FLAWLESS. Woodie spits the chorus and a verse and comes sick. Real sick track with vocals. 9/10
------------------
8.Krime Payz *Produced by Roblo*
LOVIN THIS ONE TOO! The beat got some real tight mandolin spanish/italian guitar in it. Wax spits some real shit on this one. Track got alotta feelings to it. A lil shootin game, life experiences, and gangstah shit like:"No body 'ill know/No body 'ill tell/no body gonn notice the body/till somebody notice the smell" REAL TIGHT track. the chrous could have been "mixed down/engineerd" better though.
9.5/10
------------------
9.Skit (Mark D) *Produced by Roblo*
tight lil skit with a cool beat and someone soundin like keak da sneak spittin a freestyle.
------------------
10.Savage Timez *produced by Roblo*
Cool beat. Cool gangsta track. All verses are fire. Chrous is tight too.
9.5/10
------------------
11.Talk iz cheap (feat. Knyva & Young Bone) *produced by Roblo*
beat is okay, but a lil too "busy". Too much shit goin on in the drums. Features came tight, Just not really feelin the beat on this one. All the verses came tight. This track would have been better to a more RAW beat. Track was a lil too kick back for the content.
6.5/10
------------------
12.Why Hustle *produced by Roblo*
Damn this shit is sick as fuck with one exception. Like in track 11 there is WAY too much shit going on in the drums. With a different drum pattern this would be one of my favorites on the album. Chorus is "why hussle for skrill/when i can take it from a balla/walkin away from robberies/like i won the lottery" Damn seems like just about EVERY line in EVERY verse is HARD AS FUCK."I'm figgering he prolly got the bulletproof vest on/I leave him with his chest and his vest and the rest gone /scattered out head here, arm leg there/couldn't find his other foot had to leave the nike air's/ at the scene/ but got him for a for a zip of green/fifeteen dollas 80 cents and a pack of gum/ya shoulda packed a gun/"
9.5/10 (but the track NEEDS a new drum pattern)
------------------
13.P/G Style *Crazee Nutt*
Playa track. Real tight. Good production, good lyrics... good track.
9/10
------------------
14.Heaven or Hell radio mix
see #5
------------------
15.Streethugz (feat. Jacka & Young AL) *Produced by Roblo*
beat is tight kinda Spacie. Nice strings too. Jacka and Young AL came sick as did A-Wax. Tight lyrics like : "Are we here just to disapear like smoke/running top speed up a neverending slope/once again there's a fork in the road/ but dogg which way do i go"
Tight track, would have sounded better if the track was more on the subject as A-Wax's verse, but still good overall. 8/10
------------------
16.Outro *produced Roblo*
same beat as the intro. nice ending to a great album.
------------------
The only problem i can see in this album is the mixdown is a little off in some places, but production, lyrics, and delivery are all real tight in this one. Defienetly a classic album for an artist that is gonna make a big name for himself. I'd say go cop it.. definetely worth the pack you sold, 2 and 1/2 hours working at mcdonalds, or the lunchmoney you ganked from the kids at school.
9.2/10

Apr 25, 2002
EMDE...

GOOD REVIEW,YOU ARE CORRECT ABOUT MY MIX...I GIVE THA MIX .5/10,WAIT TILL U HEAR THIS NEW SHIT!I COULDNT HAVE REVIEWED THIS BETTER,MY MURDER DOG REVIEW WAS AIGHT....ANY BODY PEEP IT?

Apr 25, 2002
A-WAX said:
I AINT EVEN BLACK THO PODNA,CICILIAN MUTT...DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE,WHITE PEOPLE,YELLOW OR BROWN PEOPLE....I JUDGE CHARACTER OVA SKIN COLOR,HOGZ IZ HOGZ N SUCKAZ IZ SUCKAZ.I DID DO 5 YEARZ IN THA PEN AND RODE WITH THA PIRU CAR,WICH WAZ ALL BLACK.TO MY KNOWLEDGE IM THA ONLY WHOP EVER ACCEPTED ON SOME RESPECT TYPE INTO THA PIRU CAR....I DID DIRT WITH MOST OF THEM CATS BEFORE I WENT 2 JAIL SO IT WAS LIKE A REUNION WHEN I ARRIVED.F.Y.I.,MY UNDERGROUND PEN RECORDINGZ I USE 2 SAY NIGGA BUT AFTER I GOT OUT I STOPT SAYIN IT IN MY RAPS,ITS A WACK WORD ANYWAYZ!COP THAT THO FOLKZ,ITS HEAT.
Aight I will swoop it..

The production card looks sick, Roblo comes hard always, I loved what he did on the Jackas album. And I don't have a Woodie album but I hear he's a sick ass producer so I am interested in hearing his beats. All in all I'm a get it.

May 2, 2002
www.StreetLevelRecords.com
Yeah i slept on this muthafucka,best album to drop out the Bay in YEARS...yeah i said it...years muthafuckas...i had no idea that was the same the same Woodie,he sounds way different...but good shizzle A-Wax...eager to hear the new slumpage...

May 4, 2002
yea i saw the review in murder dog that they did on ya. i like the part" fuck bein a baller, i'd rather be the muthafucka that robs ballers." real shit. i love murder dog magazine but the reviews are the part that i dont like. they always say how they love the album but then give someone 2 nuts. but anyway the reviews on you were coo. im really waitin for that new ablum tho.

Apr 25, 2002
GOOD LOOKIN,F.Y.I.,THA NUTS COST MONEY.IF YOU READ ALL THA REVIEWS IN THA NEW ISSUE YOULL NOTICE LOU NUT SAID HE GIVES SOME ALBUM 4 NUTS BUT IT ONLY GOT 3,LIL RIC PAID 22 HUN 4 THA ADD N GOT 4 NUTS...REAL SHIT.

Apr 25, 2002
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

murder dog reviews fuckin suck...rarely will i see an album get less than 3 nuts and even then all of them sound the same...an album with 3 nuts and one with 5 will sound the same...what the fuck?

anyway, i finally swooped this today and i must say i'm impressed. good shit a-wax, looking forward to "65 G'z"

also, whats the production breakdown looking like for "65 G'z"? how many tracks for each producer? thanks

Apr 25, 2002
NICK,GOOD LOOKIN OUT PODNA...THA NEW PRODUCTION LIST IS...2 BEATS D.J. DARYL,1 BEAT VANSE(HES PRODUCIN 4 RNB SINGER TANK)1 BEAT GAME FASE(LIL RIC PODNA)1 PHAT DAVE(HOLLOW TIP)1 JOE CARTER,1 WOODIE,1 ONE DROP SCOTT N ABOUT 12 LEV N ROB LO BEATS(MOB FIGAZ COMBO)

May 2, 2002
www.StreetLevelRecords.com
I said it before and i'll say it again A-WAX is heated
What'sthe name of the song that says "Bitches love wax/ wanna kiss wanna hug wax"... Thats the joint right there!!!!
I did'nt see it in the review...Or did I????
I like the cover of the new one too..Ima scoop it fa sho if it makes it's way out to seattle....The only way i can get Savage Timez is thru the net..

Apr 25, 2002
COLA,I GOT NATION WIDE DIST. NOW SO ITLL BE OUT THERE.ME N MESSY MARV GOT A SHOW IN SEATTLE JUNE 23RD,DONT REMEMBA WHAT KLUB THO.....GOOD LOOKIN OUT 4 THA SUPPORT THO,ITS GREATLY APPRICIATED.LOOK OUT 4 MY "WHO GOT IT?" COMP ALSO,I GOT 10 SONGZ ON IT,ALL NEW ALL KNOCK!

Apr 25, 2002
"WHO GOT IT?" DROPS LATE THIS MONTH OR EARLY NEXT MONTH.NAW,I AINT GOT NO SHOWZ OUT HERE YET BUT ILL POST THA DATES WHEN I START.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
damn...it would be coo if you could post the nearest one tho. yea i was reading in murder dog,how messy marv was sayin how he do alot of shows out of state.yea ill be sure to get that "who got it" comp the first day that it drops_