A MESSAGE FROM JAMMIN's NEW PD(s) - PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 23, 2006
Alright ya'll...

New sheriff(s) in town (For those of you who want to know the titles, both myself and Carrie are the new CO-PD's; I am handling all the music / imaging, and she is handling all the promotions / sales tie ins / scheduling)... I want to put ya'll in the loop of the few immediate changes we have implemented at jammin 95.5. (This all started 10 days ago)

1) We still play the new hot music, but 1/2 as much and with more songs in the "new" category. You will NO LONGER hear Chris Brown 90 to 100x per week, at most it will be 1/2 that. Instead of hearing a power song 12 to 13x per day, it has been cut in half to 6.

2) Because of what we did in the #1 (see above) we now have the ability to play LIBRARY songs, up to 3 per hour. Meaning, every 4th song or so, you will hear something from the LIBRARY. I've expanded the LIBRAY to include EVERYTHING from aaliyah to keak da sneak, from dj quik to common, from album tracks to unreleased bsides to remixes. If it's hot, I'll play it, period. (Here's an example: 1:15pm, Friday of last week, I played "Da Setup" by Obie Trice f. Nate Dogg, ANOTHER EXAMPLE, I just played Jay-Z "Lucifer" about 20 min ago)

3) NO HANDCUFFS on our Mixshow DJ's. They play what they feel is the hottest shit, and it's their job to BREAK MUSIC NOW. I also want them to reach out to the local artists and independent artists to play their music also.

4) NEW NIGHT JOCK, we got rid of that pre-recorded "assembled" radio show from the baka boyz, and bumped up our weekend dude, Stevie G. He is a sav, a hip hop lover, and a good dude. Check his show out. And also, we are gonna reach out to the local / independent community and get them involved more. Last week, I had Kenny Mack here on Thursday, Soul P here on Friday, and a few other independent artists we are trying to get involved with.

5) NO MORE CORN BALL VOICE OF JAMMIN / STUPID ASS IMAGING / PROMOS - if you know about station voices, for the longest we have used St. John (from Wild 94.9) in the bay. He is a good dude adn I wish him well, BUT, hip hop music ain't supposed to be cornball. So he's gone. The new imaging sound of jammin encompasses our core artists, our on air jocks and djs, and listener voicework. I promise you will notice a change within 15 minutes of listening.

6) NEW WEBSITE on the way. It's being worked on right now. Should launch within a few weeks.

Plus MANY OTHER exciting changes and things happening here at Jammin. Please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected]

I WANT TO MAKE THIS STATION THE TALK OF THE NORTHWEST, HELP ME OUT!!! (and to the sportstalk rumors, they are just that... radio stations are ALWAYS in danger of flipping when ratings suck ass, so help me get our ratings back up, and we'll be jammin for a long time!)

Respect and Blessings to you,
Bootz

Jul 8, 2003
Hell yeah...I was at work last Friday and had the radio on & put down in my 8125 that u played Obie's "Da Setup", just so I would remember to give you a shout out on myspace for that....Nate is such a beast on the hook, as always!

Bootz, I really appreciate what you're doing for the hip-hop fans of the northwest!

Judging simply from the few changes you stated above, you are listening to your audience and you know that no one wants to hear all that Chris Brown, Rhiana, etc 10 times a day (if it were my choice we wouldn't have to hear them at all, but I know it's the business).

One of my favorite artists is DJ Quik, and I would almost never get to hear Quik on the radio unless it was Westcoast Wednesday (which is BOMB by the way), but now I have the chance to listen to Quik on the radio just in regular rotation, which is how it should be!

I know you're a bay-area head with the Federation background & can't wait to hear your bay-area influence sprinkled throughout your broadcast.........not even just bay-area, but westcoast music as a whole!

Just wanted to let you know that we really appreciate what you're trying to do for us, and you have my support. Keep doin the damn thing bro!

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
now if only we could get sum constant nonstop/syko/tsoprano/mikey vegaz/slugmwn spins we'd be set. whats up with that bootz????

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
good shit bootz!!!

keep up the good work fam. its good to know yall gonna change some shit up. i dont really listen to the radio much at all, if ever, but i will def check it out n show the support! do ya thang bootz.

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
man i hope so cuz i done called in syko requests before and them fools were like who????? pshhh fuck outta here!! hahhaa so hopefully seeings how bootz done even made tracks with nonstop "fireman" if im not mistaken. i figgure he can play some hood shit like that.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
I was just listening to Jammin' last night at work for the first time in a long time. I was like damn, they were actually playing cuts for once! I didn't recognize the new voice at night, but now I know. I couldn't believe I actually heard Keak, Old School Snoop and some other classics all in the same hour.

I would listen more if you played artists from our area and surrounding cities more. How about more NW and Bay Area artists. We are on the left side of the map, so why not play our left side artists? I don't mind hearing New York, Chicago or Miami artists once in awhile, but not all fuckin' day and night! I really hope you all over there are serious about this change, because 95.5 has been bladed for too long now.....

Jan 22, 2007
www.myspace.com
I traded my Blazer for a car without a cd player and every time I get in that thing I complain about having to listen to 104.7 out of Eugene on the way to take the wife to work. It's not so bad since those 2 cat's who do the morning show are pretty funny but the rotation on that station is HORRIBLE!
I guess what I'm getting at is the fact that I HATE the radio in general and it pains me to have to listen to the same 5 songs EVERY TIME I GET IN THE CAR!
Alicia Keys, Rhianna, then Chris Brown, ........over and over and over and over again! Not to say that some of those tracks are tight but at some point even the tightest track get's played out super fast!
What is the #1 complaint about top 40 radio stations by listeners?????
Anyone?
It's the fact that they are sick of the same tracks!
If I get in the car and drive in the morning for 20 min. I hear about 4 songs if theres minimal commercials! Then...I get in the car that afternoon for another 20 min. and hear EXACTLY the same songs!

So...with that said...I commend you on your choices for change and would even venture to say that those changes (if implemented correctly) could be the single greatest thing to happen to NW radio in over 10 years! REAL TALK!

How about a link to listen on the computer? I'll tune in and show love for sure!

MUCH RESPECT AND GOOD LUCK!
Nick

Jan 23, 2006
Keep that feedback coming!

First, thank you all for taking time to check out this thread and leaving your thoughts and feedback....

I'm VERY SERIOUS about playing EVERYTHING! New songs, classics, independents, locals, bsides, remixes, etc!!!

I need ya'll to help me out with contacts and suggestions...

I need to get at SYKO, does anyone have a contact on him? Nutz, Nonstop, Lisicki, can ya'll help me out with gettin everyone in the loop?

Please hit me up at [email protected] with ANY SUGGESTIONS or QUESTIONS...

Bootz

Jan 23, 2006
I'm also tryna get at tsoprano, mikey vegaz, lil fats, illaj, slugmen, nio sapreme, s.p., etc... also, what's up with this "paper-dance" i been hearing bout... and also "famous".... Like I said, I need ya'll help!!!!

Bootz

Jan 23, 2006
I'm also tryna get at tsoprano, mikey vegaz, lil fats, illaj, slugmen, nio sapreme, s.p., etc... also, what's up with this "paper-dance" i been hearing bout... and also "famous".... Like I said, I need ya'll help!!!!

Bootz

Jan 23, 2006

Bootz

Jan 23, 2006

Bootz