A "Giant" Oversight

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
L Mac-a-docious said:
@Gdumb...BOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO! You're gonna cry forever...sorry little breezy...greatest hitter ever, period. Show me a failed drug test, and then you have a leg to stand on, until then, you are a whiney little hater-bitch...Babe Ruth is next, and then on to 755...get your tampons ready, cause you're going to be gushing.
How old are you, like 12?

"Federal prosecutors charge that the Bay Area Laboratory Co-operative, known as BALCO, distributed undetectable steroids to elite athletes in the form of a clear substance that was taken orally and a cream that was rubbed onto the body.

Bonds testified that he had received and used clear and cream substances from his personal strength trainer"

hmm this happened, he suddenly got huge and starting mashing. What else do you need to know? It's all right there.

He's not failing MLB drug tests because they don't test for the shit he's using. The player's union won't allow it. It's common knowledge now, the only people who don't know are ignorant Giants fans who refuse to hear the truth.

Jan 2, 2004
If there not testing for it, it must not be illegal in baseball...

As far as I know they are testing for about every steroid and even some suppliments. Some over the counter suppliments give you positive results, and it's happened a few times already this year.

Jun 18, 2004
G-Dubb said:
How old are you, like 12?

"Federal prosecutors charge that the Bay Area Laboratory Co-operative, known as BALCO, distributed undetectable steroids to elite athletes in the form of a clear substance that was taken orally and a cream that was rubbed onto the body.

Bonds testified that he had received and used clear and cream substances from his personal strength trainer"

hmm this happened, he suddenly got huge and starting mashing. What else do you need to know? It's all right there.

He's not failing MLB drug tests because they don't test for the shit he's using. The player's union won't allow it. It's common knowledge now, the only people who don't know are ignorant Giants fans who refuse to hear the truth.
Hmmmmm...a cream, that you rub on your body, and alows you to hit over 700 HRs...sounds great...BTW I have some magic beans to sell you...I'll hit you on your PM. :rolleyes:

Apr 25, 2002
Robby2Slobby said:
If there not testing for it, it must not be illegal in baseball...

As far as I know they are testing for about every steroid and even some suppliments. Some over the counter suppliments give you positive results, and it's happened a few times already this year.
Baseball wants to test for it... The Player's Union won't let them because it's only detectable through a blood test. The power the Player's Union has over baseball is ridiculous. Congress needs to come in and do the job for them because they're not going to get it right going the way they've been going.

Apr 25, 2002
L Mac-a-docious said:
Hmmmmm...a cream, that you rub on your body, and alows you to hit over 700 HRs...sounds great...BTW I have some magic beans to sell you...I'll hit you on your PM. :rolleyes:
If it didn't improve anyone's game, nobody would use it. :rolleyes:

May 2, 2002
G-Dubb said:
Baseball wants to test for it... The Player's Union won't let them because it's only detectable through a blood test. The power the Player's Union has over baseball is ridiculous. Congress needs to come in and do the job for them because they're not going to get it right going the way they've been going.
You really want Congress to come in and regulate baseball? Baseball is a game, it's not that important.

May 2, 2002
G-Dubb said:
If it didn't improve anyone's game, nobody would use it. :rolleyes:
Have you ever used steroids before? As stated numerous times, steroids don't help you hit a baseball. They don't make your eyes recognize a certain pitch.

If he did use them, how do you know he didn't use it because he wanted to be bigger? Maybe it had nothing to do with baseball. I've used them before, and I've never played a professional sport.

Apr 25, 2002
gimpypimp said:
You really want Congress to come in and regulate baseball? Baseball is a game, it's not that important.
Kids seeing their heros using dangerous, illegal drugs to succeed in a professional sport isn't important?

gimpypimp said:
Have you ever used steroids before? As stated numerous times, steroids don't help you hit a baseball. They don't make your eyes recognize a certain pitch.

If he did use them, how do you know he didn't use it because he wanted to be bigger? Maybe it had nothing to do with baseball. I've used them before, and I've never played a professional sport.
If you're already a good hitter, you can start hitting for more power, fly balls to the outfield become home runs (see Brady Anderson.)

This thing with Bonds is the worst-kept secret in baseball. Everybody knows. You can't tell me that you honestly believe otherwise.

May 2, 2002
G-Dubb said:
Kids seeing their heros using dangerous, illegal drugs to succeed in a professional sport isn't important?
That's a whole other topic. Are we talking about Bonds and roids, or kids? But since you bring it up, I don't think it's that important.

Keep my kids off of weed, meth, coke, etc. But roids? Not saying I would like my kid on roids, but I have greater concerns.

G-Dubb said:
If you're already a good hitter, you can start hitting for more power, fly balls to the outfield become home runs (see Brady Anderson.)
Yeah, maybe.

G-Dubb said:
This thing with Bonds is the worst-kept secret in baseball. Everybody knows. You can't tell me that you honestly believe otherwise.
I honestly don't know. And I'm not bullshitting for arguments sake. Based on him being associated with Balco...that would lead me to believe that he did.

BUT, I am a firm believer in being innocent until proven guilty. If he says he didn't, and there is no proof to show that he did, then what? You can call him a liar, but how do you really know?

Plus, I have seen first hand skinny ass guys get HUGE, with nothing more than good genes. Bonds never looked like he worked out much until he really started hitting home runs, so for me, it's hard to say. But I could see how the doubters would think that he's on something.

Jun 18, 2004
Man...Gdubb, you're a dip shit, how you gonna get moral over this shit...shut the fuck up, go to the GOM forum and debate some prevalent shit... until you want to speak logically and realistically about baseball, go find a pulpit. If kids are learning how to live through people who play games on TV for a living then the battle is already lost.....wake the fuck up....people are dying, and you're actinglike this means something...let me tell you right now that this is going to be one of history's little secrets, and you will be bitching to your grandchildren that Hank Aaron is still the "real" HR king...Barry Bonds breezy...live with it.

Apr 25, 2002
gimpypimp said:
That's a whole other topic. Are we talking about Bonds and roids, or kids? But since you bring it up, I don't think it's that important.

Keep my kids off of weed, meth, coke, etc. But roids? Not saying I would like my kid on roids, but I have greater concerns.

Yeah, maybe.

I honestly don't know. And I'm not bullshitting for arguments sake. Based on him being associated with Balco...that would lead me to believe that he did.

BUT, I am a firm believer in being innocent until proven guilty. If he says he didn't, and there is no proof to show that he did, then what? You can call him a liar, but how do you really know?

Plus, I have seen first hand skinny ass guys get HUGE, with nothing more than good genes. Bonds never looked like he worked out much until he really started hitting home runs, so for me, it's hard to say. But I could see how the doubters would think that he's on something.
Fair enough.

L Mac-a-docious said:
Man...Gdubb, you're a dip shit, how you gonna get moral over this shit...shut the fuck up, go to the GOM forum and debate some prevalent shit... until you want to speak logically and realistically about baseball, go find a pulpit. If kids are learning how to live through people who play games on TV for a living then the battle is already lost.....wake the fuck up....people are dying, and you're actinglike this means something...let me tell you right now that this is going to be one of history's little secrets, and you will be bitching to your grandchildren that Hank Aaron is still the "real" HR king...Barry Bonds breezy...live with it.
Grow up.

Sep 28, 2002
Bonds was an all star, MVP, gold glover, and silver slugger before he took any performance enhancing drugs. He had one year that hit alot of home runs, the rest of he career has been consistent. I'm not saying that he didn't use steroids, I just saying that it has hardly made a difference if he did. He is just become one of the greatest hitters in the game, from experience and talent.

Jan 2, 2004
L Mac-a-docious said:
and you will be bitching to your grandchildren that Hank Aaron is still the "real" HR king...Barry Bonds breezy...live with it.
No he won't because A-Rod is going to break Bonds's and Aaron's Career HR records, and you can tell that guy never took steroids.

Apr 25, 2002
L Mac-a-docious said:
ZINGGGGG ...you got me...how will I ever recover from this abuse...ahh fuck it... I think I'll just watch Barry launch some moon shots at coors canaveral today...bye bye now. :dead:
Thanks for proving my point.
Robby2Slobby said:
No he won't because A-Rod is going to break Bonds's and Aaron's Career HR records, and you can tell that guy never took steroids.
Mark Teixeira might end up making a run at it too... He hit 26 & 38 in his first two years and is over 40 now in his third year.