A couple things I was talkin bout with my boy, maybe yall will know??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 20, 2003
1st: i never hear about how many records people sell nowadays especially in the bay! it's almost like it's kept a secret or something but i want to know how well the top artists in the bay are doing on soundscan.

2nd: there's a few songs that get a good ammount of play here where i'm at in the 415/650 like : FRONTLINE -WHAT IS IT? , KEAK- WHITE T SHIRT......., SAN QUINN - THE HARD WAY, MESSY MARV-HYPNOTIQ AND BABY , FEDERATION-HYPHY, AS WELL AS THE E-40 SINGLES THAT ARE OUT, SINGLES BY THE TEAM, JACKA, JAY TEE

i always wonder if these songs are actually being played a good ammount in other cities especially outside the bay. i know they don't really play any of this shit in l.a. which is a shame but i've heard that some of this bay shit gets play in the midwest.

WHAT DO U ALL KNOW ABOUT THIS?????????????????? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IF U CAN HELP ME, I'VE BEEN WONDERING THIS SHIT FOR A WHILE.

Jul 6, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Good Q, yea I been tryin ta see numbers too, herd its real bad these days tho. no is is sellin like they used too accept maybe a few acceptions.

TheBayIsTheSco said:
1st: i never hear about how many records people sell nowadays especially in the bay! it's almost like it's kept a secret or something but i want to know how well the top artists in the bay are doing on soundscan.

Jan 20, 2003
SCOCIOUS said:
i know theres an exclusive remix for that hyphy for the power 106 radio station out in la! that
i heard that too, they play a little e-40 down there. at least they play something by the bay haha.

NO ONE KNOWS ANY OF THIS?????????????????????

Feb 22, 2004
Just from what I know...Frontline gets played here, out in hawaii, arizona a bit, and a few spots here n there...Fresno, etc.. But considering the AMOUNT of spins they get at home, labels are lookin... Feds made versions for a bunch of stations.. i personally like the one I did for KMEL, with the different beats..but thas just my opinion.
Quinn doesnt get too much love outside the bay, unfortunately.. but we workin on that... Keak got some play other spots, but not as much... someone played me a song from some new cat out da South, produced by manny Fresh, called White Tees... i know the white Tee is Universal, but I told the label I wouldnt fuck with it... rather just stick with Keak... Jacka is relatively unknown outside the bay...BUT... there are spots in the midwest and stuff where people get down with the bay..Kansas City, Mississippi, etc... cats need to do some shows out there.... We really tryin to make the bay happen...and it can..just one step at a time.. hate us if u want..dont matter, we still gonna do what we do.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
The only bay area cat they play in New Orleans Is Baby Bash, i never even heard 40 down here. They show love for their own folks down here like Juvi,Soulja Slim,Choppa,Fiend etc. I guess every region got their local hitters. The Bay is getting into it though, I remember a few years ago they didn't play nearly as much Bay stuff as they do now.

Dec 20, 2003
thats real I have gotten play on kmel and power 106 its all about startin where your at then movin east with it I aint gonna lie I got played on power 106 before the bay and I'm from the bay but Scotty and Von showed us major luv so it can be done we aint trippin off the other states yet but when its time we wanna give it a shot and just keep grindin and mabey some good can come out of it until then we as artist gotta keep comin with heat and keep the faith and never give up DJ's got good ears for music and as long as they keep an open mind and not segregate on an artists location I dont see why the bay cant get play in other regions keep repin for us Scotty yall doin the damn thang peace!!!

Apr 25, 2002
im out in Dago kenny and no one out here is bumping anything from the bay. the only shit on the playlist really is "Suga Suga," the Master P single, the Usher feat. Lil John, Kayne's single, Twistas single. The playlist out here is very bland and its really sad.

Ocassionally I make a CD and try to slip it in at a party. Sometimes it goes upto a half hour before someone changes it. A lot of people out here that Ive introduced to bay area rap like Keak Da Sneak and E-40 especially Keaks new one, Rydahs new one, songs like "Can U Shout" and "All I Wanna Do is Party" from MD, the Federations single, Turf Talk feat. E-40. However, most of them arent really interested in picking it up, just hearing it.

Jan 20, 2003
MaddDogg said:
im out in Dago kenny and no one out here is bumping anything from the bay. the only shit on the playlist really is "Suga Suga," the Master P single, the Usher feat. Lil John, Kayne's single, Twistas single. The playlist out here is very bland and its really sad.

Ocassionally I make a CD and try to slip it in at a party. Sometimes it goes upto a half hour before someone changes it. A lot of people out here that Ive introduced to bay area rap like Keak Da Sneak and E-40 especially Keaks new one, Rydahs new one, songs like "Can U Shout" and "All I Wanna Do is Party" from MD, the Federations single, Turf Talk feat. E-40. However, most of them arent really interested in picking it up, just hearing it.
i feel u on that dave! most people just listen to shit and won't actually go out and buy it unless "it's the cd to get" cuz everyone else is down with it. it's frustrating trying to get average rap listeners to listen to new shit even if it's from the bay where they're at! it's weird, people out here in general aren't about supporting locals. we got the warriors here and nobody is riding with them cuz they aint doin that well and there's not a buzz goin on about em. it's the same thing with rap, if there aint a big buzz goin on about an artist from out here then no one is gonna know em and they won't go out and buy their cd.

scotty: i said it before and i'll say it again: keep reppin for the bay, i actually listen to kmel when u or mind motion is in the building. i can't believe people outside the bay aint really hearing quinn or mess cuz i think those are the hottest rappers out right now along with keak, frontline, and 40.

daddy rich: i was really feelin those 2 songs that u got "on the block" i was really feelin that track with b-legit. who did that beat?

one more question: now that keak is linked to sony wouldn't u expect keak to get more love outside of this state??? don't those major labels play a role in getting their artists a lot more airplay???

Sep 19, 2003
They don't play ANY bay in Tucson. They play around like 10-15 songs and keep them in rotation. Then they have a slow song night one day out the week, and an oldies show on Sundays. Our station sucks. I don't listen to the radio at all. My little cousin took my antanae (sp?) one day, to play swords, and I didn't even notice it was missing for like 5 months. My sister borrowed my car and couldn't get a station to work, then realized I didn't have an antannae. I only play CDs so I would've never noticed. The only thing we can do to know what's new is on BET, MTV, or magazines. Which none of them have much Bay anyways. I even went to Vegas two weekends ago and heard the same 10 or 15 songs playing in rotation up there too. If it feels like Bay stays in the Bay to you, it's kuz it does.