a couple of questions for Seattle cats

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 21, 2003
peace and respect to ya'll up there. been up there once and was really feeling it. buy anyway, i'm thinking about moving out there within the next 6 months, for school. What is the hip-hop scene out there like? What the breezies feeling? Where should I find an apartment (in what districts)?

and on the real tip, what is the best community college out there. a muthafucka is ready to get his mind right, on the school-tip, and need to find the right school. any help will be appreciated.

peace and blessings.

Dec 14, 2005
Seattle Central Community College is the best community college in the area, and has been recognized as such. My roommate goes there and says its pretty chill. And its in a good area, near downtown, where there's a lot to do. For apartments it depends what area you would want to be in - I'm partial to Capitol Hill, First Hill, and downtown (though downtown is getting increasingly expensive). As for the hip hop scene, it again depends what you're into. I think the stuff in Seattle is pretty much all whack as hell, all that art-rap philsophical pussy shit. Despite that there is a lot of crime in the area and a lot of poverty in the Central District, there is no hard/gangsta shit coming out really at all.

There are definitely a lot of good looking women here. I came up from San Francisco to go to college here a couple years ago and was thrilled at how many fine looking ladies there are.

Jul 21, 2003
SoundSquaredRap said:
Seattle Central Community College is the best community college in the area, and has been recognized as such. My roommate goes there and says its pretty chill. And its in a good area, near downtown, where there's a lot to do. For apartments it depends what area you would want to be in - I'm partial to Capitol Hill, First Hill, and downtown (though downtown is getting increasingly expensive). As for the hip hop scene, it again depends what you're into. I think the stuff in Seattle is pretty much all whack as hell, all that art-rap philsophical pussy shit. Despite that there is a lot of crime in the area and a lot of poverty in the Central District, there is no hard/gangsta shit coming out really at all.

There are definitely a lot of good looking women here. I came up from San Francisco to go to college here a couple years ago and was thrilled at how many fine looking ladies there are.
no doubt, i'ma sew it up. ha. thats the savage in me speaking, though.

but hey, I appreciate all the information. You're the second person to tell me about SCCC. In fact, i did come across that Time article that I think you're giving reference to.

So how much is rent near the downtown area? And is Craigslist as big out there as it is here? How far is the University District from downtown? (i've got a cousin that's living there)

Dec 14, 2005
birtpine said:
no doubt, i'ma sew it up. ha. thats the savage in me speaking, though.

but hey, I appreciate all the information. You're the second person to tell me about SCCC. In fact, i did come across that Time article that I think you're giving reference to.

So how much is rent near the downtown area? And is Craigslist as big out there as it is here? How far is the University District from downtown? (i've got a cousin that's living there)
Yeah, I think it was a Time article that I heard that in. Rent near downtown varies, but I'd say roughly studios are from 500-800, 1 bedrooms from 750-1250, and 2 bedrooms from around 900 - 1400 (apartment-wise). You can find cheaper...the farther up Capitol Hill and into the Central District you get, it gets cheaper. Craigslist is definitely big for apartment hunting...thats how I found where I live today.

The University District is a ways outside of downtown, but it can be accessed by bus pretty easily. Most UW students dont come over to downtown though, and a lot of the people at Seattle University - where I go to school - rarely go to the U District unless they have a car. There isn't really any need to, since we have better food, almost all the concert venues, and more stuff to do over here. But if you want to be around a LOT of students or you have family over there, it will take you about 15 minutes by bus, 10 by car.