A Christmas Carol

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
So my Aunt did Thanksgiving at her house in LA (well, the outskirts) and she was telling me that she got tickets for some big movie for friday and I'm hella thinking "there's no big blockbuster for kids coming out.....except maybe christmas carol....I hope it ain't that" but of course it was.

The cool thing was we went to the El Capitan. It's the theatre owned by Disney across the street from the famous Chinese Theater on Hollywood Blvd. as we are waiting to go inside they have people outside on stilts juggling and whatnot. then we go inside and they've got a person playing Disney tunes on the organ. then previews. then the lights come back up and they have a live show with Mickey, Minnie & Goofy and a bunch of random ass people looking straight out of an Gap commercial singing christmas carols and shit. after that it's all downhill.....the movie starts.....the CGI was amazing. the cartoon, however, was not for kids. the beginning starts out with them zooming in on the word "DEAD" and then they fade into a dead man in a coffin with coins over his eyes. this whole flick was just all bad for my 5 year old son. he took his 3d glasses off after the doorknob came to life and did not want to put them back on again. I finally convinced him to put them back on after the ghosts were done, but that was the end of the movie.

the Ghost of Christmas yet to come was tight tho, especially his horse drawn carriage. it was not tight for my son, whose grip on my arm & sweater was very tight and he made sure my arm was stretched across his face so he couldn't see.

I give it a 2.5/10.....if you count the disney shit before the movie tho it would be a 5/10.

The El Capitan was kinda fresh, I'm definitely gonna go down there and see another flick there with my son, but I'mma make sure it'll be something coo not no bullshit like this.

edit: damn, I be writing essays on here hella not even knowin.