A$AP Rocky & A$AP Mob thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah his sound is strongly influenced by the early to late Memphis sound of course but he got his own twist. You can tell his beats are rooted in that era and place but he also got like the futuristic side too with the random ass sounds that make it sound dope. You can tell whoever produced that (and it's not a bad beat at all, I actually really like it) was going for his sound in a few places during the song.

They took the video down for some reason. Rocky said to make tweaks.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Yeah I hear the SGP biting on the beat too lol. I gave it another spin just now and I don't know, how hard they're pushing the "purple" aesthetic is getting gimmicky. You can tell Purrp is a genuine fan of that era when he does it, it's so by the numbers when Rocky does it. He should stick to stuff like Peso

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
[video=youtube;Es0sDqWnAZY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es0sDqWnAZY[/video]

I have a feeling Lords Never Worry will have an EP of good songs at most :ermm:

Sep 16, 2006
I've noticed Asap as a whole have no problem "borrowing" anything and everything from other rappers...is ferg trying to do his best GBE impersonation with that song/video? LOL oddly enough, fergs best style is the style he used in kissing pink, he should stick to that as weird as it might be, at least its him. besides rocky and nast, i really can't see myself enjoying a mob tape too much. Maybe if yams starts clowning on a track or two.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Yeah at this point ASAP as a whole seems to really be embracing that they're "swag" rappers and outside of Rocky I haven't seen much improvement in their actual rapping skills.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I guess Nast had a song premiere about a month ago called Black Man on the same station that Ferg had Work premiered. It sounds really dope but holy shit youtube it (I'm at work) and see how fast the radio station tagging it makes you want to kill yourself lol.