♠Some Nigga Talkin Greasy On Gucci Mane GUCCI/ Says Gang Bangin Started In The Chi♠

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 7, 2006
look, niggas is talkin about modern gangs thats still around to this date, and even with that Cali has an arguement because we had modern gangs that started in the 20's in LA, some of our barrios.

Feb 5, 2006
Ya know Detroit got as much right 2 the orgins of gang bangin as L.A. and Chicago does. I saw an old Ebony magazine article on Dr. Martin Luther King's funeral and ya know who was reported as doin security? Gangster Disciples.

Jan 9, 2009
yeah..new york has been bangin since the boats came ashore..

funny tho gas.. i read a while back the first official gang in california was called the Sydney Ducks or some shit..
an aussie gang up in SF who did rob niggas for gold dust

Feb 7, 2006
I woudl say NY more than anything. THey were doing it in the late 19th century.
NY had the first urban gangs in the united states, but when most people say we started gangbangin they mean modern hoods such as GD's, VL's, LK's, White Fence, 38st, the various bloods and crips, etc. not the Dead Rabbits. We are talking about the modern street gang that employs grafitti, colors, hand signs, etc. who have survived into the present day.

cb90

Sicc OG
Oct 7, 2007
modern black gangs started in chicago and l.a. basically both at the same time and intertwined only with the bps in the jungles... that's about it... but i guarantee that you will find blood & crip sets all up and thru chicago like with every other city now... but gds & vls in l.a.???? NAH i dont think so

Feb 5, 2006
modern black gangs started in chicago and l.a. basically both at the same time and intertwined only with the bps in the jungles... that's about it... but i guarantee that you will find blood & crip sets all up and thru chicago like with every other city now... but gds & vls in l.a.???? NAH i dont think so
That's right. From Central and Southern Cali, Seattle-Tacoma, 2 Nevada, 2 Arizona it's all blue or red except Daygo who bangs green lol. In the South and Midwest they don't call themselves crips and bloods, they bang VL,GD, and call themselves Folk or People. But wether it's blue,or red, black and gold or you play your flag and hat left or right, you'll quickly know who's with who.

cb90

Sicc OG
Oct 7, 2007
That's right. From Central and Southern Cali, Seattle-Tacoma, 2 Nevada, 2 Arizona it's all blue or red except Daygo who bangs green lol. In the South and Midwest they don't call themselves crips and bloods, they bang VL,GD, and call themselves Folk or People. But wether it's blue,or red, black and gold or you play your flag and hat left or right, you'll quickly know who's with who.
shit... its places in the south that bang crip & blood more than they do gds & vls now... the gds & vls been around in the south longer than bs & cs since the midwest & the south is so close together... i dont know i guess bs & cs are more appealing and marketed to wannabe bangers than gds & vls, thats why it spread like wildfire in the mid 80s... plus a lot of niggas back then was on l.a. niggaz dick and adopted it real quick when they came to they towns... even though both chicago's and l.a's gang history is equally deep, you will never have any real established gds & vl sets in l.a. as you do bs & cs in chicago now... and as far as green in dago, i can see a nigga wearing nothin but grey or nothin but gold/yellow in dago & still know he bangin... thats just turf colors

Jul 29, 2008
I hope you jokin bout Daygo.

Bloods and Crips have spread thru the midwest and the south at a break neck pace.

I know there were some Bloods and Crips before the mid 90's... but 9 Tek and G Shyne have spread thru those territories like a muthafuka... with that 5 riding Bloods and 6 Riding Crips.

Its why you get fukd up West Coast sets with East Coast UBN ideology.