90s babies were about 10 years old at most when this first dropped

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
They played pretty much all of the classics, all my favorites and a few new ones that are going to be on their new mixtape coming out on June 22 for free download off their website. The show never sold out and you could have bought tickets the day of the show.

1God

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2010
Shit. I told my friends about it and they all wanted to go, so I assumed it was gonna be sold out. What a shame.

Did you see Tech and Krizz Kaliko when they came?

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
I'm not a big enough fan of tech to want to pay to see his shit live. I missed out on Public Enemy when they came through as well because I was out of town, though I did see Chuck D when he gave the lecture at the Myer Howeritz at the UofA I also saw blackalicious when they played at Reds (Eds for you 90s babies) and I saw K'naan at the pawn shop. I've been pretty impressed with what rap has been coming through lately.

1God

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2010
Fuck off, I still call it Red's. Speaking of which, The Roots performed there two years ago. I hope they come back again for their next tour. K'naan fuckin' blew up in the last two months. I bumped "The Dusty Foot Philosopher" when it first dropped, before many knew him, now his song's on every commercial. He's on some Michael Jackson "We Are The World" shit. Do you by any chance know of a T.O. group called IRS? They dropped their debut album "Welcome to Planet IRS" back in '03. Apparently they've got a new album coming out.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
Yeah I've been listening to K'naan for a while now, but his music has been played on Canadian radio since dusty foot philosophy dropped. His manager Sol Guy (from the rascalz) comes through Edmonton quite often. I didn't get to see the roots but I would have liked to. I don't know I.R.S.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
song dope but SMH. people wonder why minorities in general get looked down upon. stick ups is why cops be shooting on sight

edit

1God

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2010
I saw Maestro Fresh-Wes (Maestro for you 90s babies) at the Shambhala Music Festival last year. He just did "Let Your Backbone Slide". I used to listen to him a lot as a kid, but I didn't think his performance was anything special.

Do you listen to any E-Town rap? I sure don't! Hip-Hop is so alive in this city, but most rappers here are average.

1God

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2010
I know Yak. I've never heard this before, but it's not that bad. The hook is boring, though. That Dv1ne guy's got a good flow.

But I still think that nobody's doing new shit. Brothers Grim are pretty original, but I don't listen to them.

1God

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2010
I just know that nobody's doing the shit I'm on, and that's all to the good.

Jay Stacks A Million is putting out a new album called "Loyal To The Customers".
Funny, I called him up for some Kush last night and he was dry.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
I dont' know who Jay Stacks is. I don't really listen to Edmonton hiphop... Only ones I know are CVs finest, rakesh, politic live, peoples poets, and that's all that really comes to my mind. though I'm sure there's more.

It's pretty mediocre out here.

1God

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2010
I don't listen to it at all. If I do, it's either by peeping a song on the Internet or if somebody opens for a band. I'm pretty sure the UK has iller emcees than Canada. However, I don't listen to UK Rap, either.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
Yeaaaah. I know D-shot personally so I get links everytime he's putting out a new video or something on youtube. CVs finest wasn't all that bad imo but some songs are hella weak. Yak has a cool voice, but yeaaah shit definitely needs work. Poli live opened up for dead prez and so did touch and nato.

weird how so many albertans are posting on this site.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
Yeaaaah. I know D-shot personally so I get links everytime he's putting out a new video or something on youtube. CVs finest wasn't all that bad imo but some songs are hella weak. Yak has a cool voice, but yeaaah shit definitely needs work. Poli live opened up for dead prez and so did touch and nato.

weird how so many albertans are posting on this site.